Opinions lessons ? Gun broker auction

U.S. Military Krags
WAGON

Opinions lessons ? Gun broker auction

Post by WAGON »

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/940984040
Good evening all I am watching this auction It is second time it was listed first was a BUY IT NOW. With my learning & beginners knowledge, it does look correct and is a very nice rifle. Seller emailed me bore was like new (he might be a member ?) finish looks good , screw heads look good. The rear sight (again limited knowledge) appears correct for s/n I believe the rear sight changed to 1901 style later. Front site does not appear to have been messed with looking at pic's. The wood looks original. I am interested if the people with knowledge like it Thank's Mike

polska

Re: Opinions lessons ? Gun broker auction

Post by polska »

What was the original buy it now price?

WAGON

Post by WAGON »

But it now was 3750.00

WAGON

Post by WAGON »

Sorry fat fingers BUY IT NOW was 3750.00

polska

Post by polska »

It's not that nice. You can buy 2 really good ones for that price. Just have to be patient.

WAGON

Post by WAGON »

That why I am asking there is vast knowledge on here ask and investigate first

Local Boy

Post by Local Boy »

Hi WAGON,

Rifle looks to be in excellent condition and should fetch between $1,500 to $1700...unless a feeding frenzy occurs then who knows how much it'll go for.

The previous "Buy It Now" price was crazy high, however, with the current state of affairs, gun prices have increased considerably!

Once again it's a very nice rifle that would be a wonderful addition to your collection.

WAGON

Post by WAGON »

Thank you Agreed about feeding frenzy :)

03collector

Post by 03collector »

Looks like a nice rifle but I think it's an arsenal refinish. Description states it's dated 1902, it's dated 1900. With a 1902 rear sight from what I know most 1902 sights were issued to state National Guard units. Regulars, Army that is stayed with the 1901 sight. CS Arms had a very nice 1898 that sold not in that condition but 90 % maybe. I think Cliff was asking $1600.00.
I think the cartouche look real
Just my 2 cents.

WAGON

Post by WAGON »

Your 2 cents is worth a whole lot more to me ! I wondered about rear sight but it matched other rifles on inter net pic's in same s/n range so like you said could have been refurbished I knew later s/n's had the 1901 rear sight I( newbie) did not notice the signs of refinish you saw the screws all looked good and wood looked very nice He did put a correction on his auction about date I emailed about bore and he said like new