closed

U.S. Military Krags
allegro

closed

Post by allegro »

closed
Last edited by allegro on Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:28 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Whig

Re: Photo problem

Post by Whig »

We do it all the time. Go down below and click on the Attachments window and click the Add Files button. Should be able to then. The pictures have to be small enough to be uploaded. I don't remember the size. Good luck:
Attachments
FunGun.jpg
FunGun.jpg (367.88 KiB) Viewed 632 times

FredC

Re: Photo problem

Post by FredC »

It is fairly easy to post photos here and yes most are on site. A few have links to photos hosted on other sites. I am usually shy of those as I worry about a one time spammer posting a link to a virus infested site.
The main trouble new ones have here is their cameras save images too large. if you have a windows computer, paint brush does a fairly good job of shrinking the image. Right click on a too large image and edit with paint. When you are in paint select reduce size. If you starting image is 2 megabites or less 95 percent in each direction might be enough. if the image is 5 or 6 megabites 40 or 35% maybe better. Save as something with a different name, I add rs to the end of the name and save it. If not right delete the saved image and try again with a different percent. You want the result to be less than 1 megabyte. Other photo editors might allow you to see the size before you save it evidently Apple computers allow this and save a couple of steps.
Last edited by FredC on Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

allegro

closed

Post by allegro »

closed
Last edited by allegro on Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FredC

Re: 1892 Krag cleaning rod and early, long Springfield rifle photos

Post by FredC »

At first, I thought the 1892 was yours. It looked too perfect with no rust pits and sharp screwdriver slots. I see that it is part of the Rock Island Arsenal collection.

Dick Hosmer

Re: 1892 Krag cleaning rod and early, long Springfield rifle photos

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Is anyone making, or would someone make, a good repro 1892 rod?