A Typical Newbie Question

U.S. Military Krags
butlersrangers

Re: A Typical Newbie Question

Post by butlersrangers »

Congratulations 'dtdtdtdt', you have joined the KCA Forum club foot .... er, Foot Club!

Nice looking Krag with 'goodies'.

Hint - Closeup images taken in natural light will give better color and detail. (Overcast days are great for even lighting, without shadows).
Attachments
foot club.jpeg
foot club.jpeg (38.64 KiB) Viewed 548 times

dtdtdtdt

Post by dtdtdtdt »

Yeah. Should have set up the big camera with flash etrbb.
However the guy who really had the hots for it called and mmmafe too good an offer. It’s on its way to a new home.

It was fun but I’m getting old and blind (for real) do clearing out some stuff.

Thanks for the comment and I hope I added a bit of color. To the krag story. Bye!!!

Whig

Post by Whig »

Interesting interlude. Good luck!

FredC

Post by FredC »

Well, dtdtdt this was certainly an interesting thread. If you do not mind telling the new owner that he is welcome to join us on this forum. Looks like you were a long time Krag owner and you are certainly welcome to hang around also.
Thanks again for joining us here.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I will never view an old barn again, without wondering what gun it may be hiding!

I recall old threads on the KCA Forum where a Puerto Rican gentleman found a U.S. Krag rifle hidden in the wall of his Grandfather's house and a Canadian found a Nazi occupation 'Stomperud' rifle in the rafters of his home in Nova Scotia.

My old farmhouse came with a piano.
A few years ago I found a zinc Nazi coin, used as a spacer to 'level' a sheet of drywall, but, no hidden guns yet!

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Hi dtdtdtdt... and let me add my welcome to the KCA Forum. This IS the place to be for all things Krag!!!

I'm with Butlersrangers... I'll never see a barn again without wondering (and there are tons of old dilapidated barns our here in SE Michigan just waiting to be explored!)!

Your Krag looks like a proverbial one-in-a-million discovery! Oh... if it could only talk, what stories would it tell? Not sure where in Ohio you're located, but if you have any proximity to SE Michigan and are looking to join a fellow Krag shooter or two... I'm always up for a range trip, and I suspect Butlersrangers would be too (although he's a little further north of me)!

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

The end of this thread kind of reminds me of the Groucho Marx song from 'Animal Crackers': "Hello, I must be going"! :D