Handmade scope mount for abused Krag camp rifle.

Historical threads originally posted to the 'Krag Forum' board
sanfordandsons

Handmade scope mount for abused Krag camp rifle.

Post by sanfordandsons »

I purchased this old Krag. Front sight was gone, forearm sight hole plugged,rear sight was missing also, single fire selector gone, stock chopped butt plate was added. Price was right and it had a good bore. The damage already had been done so I just wanted to make it a good camp rifle. I bought a replacement magazine cover plate off of Ebay and machined a scope mount bracket . I flame blued the new mount and tig welded it to the replacement magazine cover. I sleeved over the ugly groove at the muzzle to cover where the front sight was supposed to be. The barrel had a good crown so I did not want to cut the barrel. I had an old Weaver 4x scope and rings to put on it. This is my new 250.00 Michigan deer rifle. http://s281.photobucket.com/user/sanfordandsonsinc/slideshow/JulyKrag

butlersrangers

Re: Handmade scope mount for abused Krag camp rifle.

Post by butlersrangers »

Welcome to the KCA forum, sandfordandsons! Nice job on rehabilitating your Krag 'Deer gun'. Let us know how it performs at the Range. You might want to add a slip-on or lace-on cheek pad for long shooting sessions. (In your photos, is your bolt not fully closed? The bolt handle is up high).

MAG-63

Post by MAG-63 »

Well done! Please let us know how she shoots.

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Simply amazing! Have you ever considered making and selling those scope mount side plates? I would definitely buy one for my sporter!!!

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

Looks like he has it angled right, it might even eject like it's supposed to.