TV SHOW!!

Historical threads originally posted to the 'Krag Forum' board
coastie

TV SHOW!!

Post by coastie »

Saw that cable show of the gun shop/butcher shop in Colorado.
Guy brings in a fair 30-40 Krag rifle and for $2500 it is turned into a "sporter hunting short rifle."
For a quarter of that price I'd give him a "bubba" piece that I would find on line or at a gun show and he could have Two Rifles!
Well, them folks got to keep that helicopter maintained.
Other comments?
Thanks, Paul

tanker

Re: TV SHOW!!

Post by tanker »

agreed! what a frickin' jerk to ruin a perfectly good example when a bubba would have been a perfect solution.

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Over at the other forum, there was quite a long discussion on this show. They took a Krag worth over $1200, and charged the guy $2500 to turn it into a sporter worth around $250. If I could find an email address for the gun shop, and I tried (the web site does not have a way to contact them), I would give the owner a piece of my mind! They should be ashamed for destroying an important piece of history, and charging so much for doing what they could have purchased for 1/6 the price! Of course, it's more important to them to blow stuff up...

Paul

Top Dean

Post by Top Dean »

Yes I saw the same one, i wanted scream, I could have traded them some parts from one of my rifles I need parts for for the one they ruined for that guy. While he got what he asked for it made the rest of us scream and cry at the loss of the perfect rifle to the bubba on it was turned into.