Is that a Krag Carbine in "Death Hunt"

Historical threads originally posted to the 'Krag Forum' board
Wes Thurmond

Is that a Krag Carbine in "Death Hunt"

Post by Wes Thurmond »

Has anyone seen the movie "Death Hunt" starring Charles Bronson and Lee Marvin? Look closely... is that a sporterized Krag Carbine Lee Marvin is carrying? Sure does look like one. If not, what do you think it is? I am not familiar with any gun with a similar looking catridge box on the side. And what a Canadian mounted policeman doing with a Krag?

Anybody spotted Krags in any other movies?

No...I don't have anything better to do.

Jeff Dromm

Re: Is that a Krag Carbine in "Death Hunt"

Post by Jeff Dromm »

It sure is a Krag but I for one can't get a good enough look at it to see if it is a carbine or a cut down rifle

Tom Butts
Site Admin

Post by Tom Butts »

There is a Krag used in the classic film "To Kill a Mockingbird". Watch closely in the scene where Atticus Finch (Gregory Peck) has to shoot a rabid dog in the street. It is a cutdown Krag that shoots so straight and gets the job done.

It is always fun to see them in the movies!!!

Best regards,
Tom
[glb]KCA[/glb]

jimmyj

Post by jimmyj »

Hi:
After reading your question I watched the Movie again paying close attention to Lee Marvin's Krag. The Krag's front sight, rear sight, and forearm shows it to be a "Cut-Down Rifle".

Jim

John Wayne's "distain" for the Krag . . .

Post by Jim »

In the Wayne flick "Fighting Seabees" (I think) there is a scene where Wayne's crew, and Wayne himself, are using '03s against the Nips. . .
When the camera changes shots to a closeup of Wayne, his '03 has "morphed" into a Krag!!
He yells something (patriotic, no doubt) and THROWS THE KRAG DOWN in the dirt!!
I wonder if that ding on my Krag came from that movie scene???
M-m-m-m-m-

jimmyj

Post by jimmyj »

Hi:
In the Movie "The Fighting Seabees" the "Japs" are using Krags. I beleve John wayne picked up a "Jap Rifle" (Krag) and used it to kill a "Jap Soldier" and then threw it at another "Jap" coming at him.
Jimmy

Lance Thompson

Post by Lance Thompson »

Also for you trivia fans, watch Sgt. Schultz from Hogan's Heros closely. I believe the Luftwaffe issued him a Krag!

JDromm

Post by JDromm »

In the movie "Wind and the Lion", starring Sean Connery and Candice Bergen, Krags are shown briefly as an attachment of US Military puts on a show of force for a local Arab Shiek.

carl seaton

Post by carl seaton »

A picture of the real Clyde Barrow(Bonnie and Clyde) holding a Krag.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/gangsters_outlaws/outlaws/bonnie/3.html?sect=17

Gary Norski

Post by Gary Norski »

The cut down Krag on Death hunt Looks Norsk to me. Mag box, Rear sight and pistol grip also front sight. M12 Gary