Kragies get together in Baltimore?

Historical threads originally posted to the 'Krag Forum' board
Richard_Sherman

Kragies get together in Baltimore?

Post by Richard_Sherman »

The Baltimore Antique Gun Show (actually at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timinium just north of Baltimore) will be held March 15th & 16th. As advertised, it's an Antique Gun Show without table after table of cheap 9mm autos. Last year I counted 48 Krags and I'm sure some got sold before I made it around the room ( I got delayed by a Winchester Lee-Navy 6mm, an Indiana Nat'l Guard marked Mills Belt full of 1907 headstamped ammo, some Philippines Kris swords, etc, etc, etc). The show is like going to a museum.

So my suggestion is, let's get together for dinner and conversation. Probably Saturday evening. Have a sign-up sheet at the info booth, or better yet, at a KCA members sales booth.

If there is any interest, we should be able to work out the details in the next month right here on the Forum.

Keep up the fire

Richard Sherman

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Re: Kragies get together in Baltimore?

Post by Ned Butts »

Hello Dick,
I like the idea as it would be great to meet as many other members as possable. Unfortunatly some of us are already commited to other get togethers. For myself and Tom (and John Spangler and Charlie Wheeler and maybe more) it is The Society of American Bayonet Collectors yearly meeting. It would be nice to find a time for us to have a yearly gathering of some kind. If you or someone els would like to orginize an informal get together of some kind that would be great.
Baltimore is an excellent show and we will see things there that we don't see at other shows. If anyone out there can find a way it is well worth the trip and the time. Speeking of time, plan to spend a full day there or part/all of both days!! There is alot to see!!
Hope to see you there,
Ned