WTB STock & Front hardware for Norwegian Krag WWII

Historical threads originally posted to the 'Krag Forum' board
Peter

WTB STock & Front hardware for Norwegian Krag WWII

Post by Peter »

Hi

I just bought a 1944 Norwegian Krag. It has been sporterized by having only the hand guard removed and the stock cut. I am looking to replace the stock and find out what nessesary hardware I need to find to restore this rifle.

Thanks

Peter

Nord

Re: WTB STock & Front hardware for Norwegian Krag

Post by Nord »

That's a tricky one...

We don't know for sure what model it is.

I'll need the full serial number and a better description of what's left of the rifle before I can tell for sure if the parts are available at a affordable cost.

Best regards.
Nord

gil deegan

Post by gil deegan »

Nord you need to check out this URL for pictures. This looks to be a real Quisling carbine!
http://www.gunboards.com/forums/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Read&BID=21&TID=6425&SID=1261541
gil

Tom Butts
Site Admin

Post by Tom Butts »

Gil,

Just for future reference, the post you have started here is not a forum item but a classified item. We have a classified section of our site and that is where this should have been listed.

Because you have already gotten responses on the forum, I will not move the post to the members classified area, which is it's proper location, to give our dues-paying members a first look at it.

So, next time you want to post a classified ad, go to the proper section. When you get there, please follow the directions at the beginning of he section.

Good luck. Nord should be able to help you somehow.

Regards,

Tom
[glb]KCA[/glb]

Tom Butts
Site Admin

Post by Tom Butts »

Gil,

I must offer to you my most humble apologies!!!!! I addressed my previous comment on this post to the wrong person. My brother Ned just brought this to my attention. When I read the initial post I was in a hurry to respond to it and I didn't even think. Yours was the last name I saw there and it stuck in my head, so that was the name I addressed my comments to.

So, I hope Peter will take my comments to heart and post in the proper area next time. Gil, again, I hope you will accept my apologies and harbor no ill will. I acted in haste and it was completely my mistake.

Best regards,

Tom
[glb]KCA[/glb]

gil deegan

Post by gil deegan »

No problem Tom
How many ;) times do we jump the gun when we are writing and reading on the internet! I wish I had an all original krag missing bolt or screw or other parts for everytime I sent a message on e-mail before I doubled checked it. Neat rifle that Peter found!
Gil