Krag Reference Books

Historical threads originally posted to the 'Krag Forum' board
Chris

Krag Reference Books

Post by Chris »

I've got a question for the experts. Ive just recently developed an interest in the Krag rifles and carbines and wish to buy one good reference book. Ive seen the Brophy book and the Mallory 2nd edition for sale. Is there an advantage to buying one over the other? Are there any other krag books that I should consider? Thanks, Chris

Tom Butts
Site Admin

Re: Krag Reference Books

Post by Tom Butts »

Chris,

I"m not sure if I can be considered one of the "experts", but I can speak from experience. I have been interested in Krags for around 20 years and I have used both Brophy and Mallory very, very often. I have heard some say that Mallory is more complete, more technical, with better information. I have found Brophy extremely useful, and quite interesting also.

From my opinion and experience, I can't tell you which single book to choose. Each one is good. Each one has a slightly different focus. To my thinking, they make an excellent tandem of information on the Krag rifle and carbine.

If you are really interested in Krags, and want to learn as much as you can, I would recommend to begin your reference library with both of these fine books. I would also say to continue using this forum and to ask any questions you may have to our experts, collectors and enthusiasts that visit here.

Tom

Chris

Re: Krag Reference Books

Post by Chris »

Tom, I appreciate your insight. Thanks for responding to my question. Chris