Krag Model 1896 question

U.S. Military Krags
Whig

Re: Krag Model 1896 question

Post by Whig »

So, if you can figure out sizing issues and post some more pictures, we can continue to try to help figure this out. If you haven't gotten a copy of Poyer's book, check ebay and pick one up for around $25. Very helpful to start your venture into Krag-land.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

On imgur you should be able to select an image size before sharing

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

If you have a Mac, "Preview" is an excellent photo-editor. Falling off a log is harder to accomplish. I cannot believe that Windoze machines do not have a similar program in their suite.

I wrote two books using a camera, tripod, film (what's that?) and later a separate card which had to be read, etc. Now I use my iPhone, hand held, and when finished shooting plug it directly to my computer to transfer and process the pics. Quality? You judge.

Fixed size - had forgotten to do that, in my haste to show how simple it is. >:(Image

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Dick - That's a nice 'streamlined locomotive' picture, with clear focus! That is an interesting 'Track' construction.

What a way to hijack a thread .. ;D .. I love trains!Image

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

That looks like Vargas' work. As to my pics, I was stunned. My phone takes pics at 72dpi, but I change that to 300dpi while cropping and resizing. My way of coping with the shutdown has been to write a new book, conceived while convalescing from my heart operation. It should be out in about a month.

The track is from Atlas. Beautiful stuff but WAAY out of my price range. I use Flyer sectional track on my layout, dolled up a bit.Image

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

New Book! ???? We are glad you are being productive, Dick!

Wolfsburg

Post by Wolfsburg »

Thanks everyone! Been a busy weekend! I'll try to look into resizing the pics and posting them!

Also, nice trains! Lol!

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Apologies for bringing trains into the forum, but it was - for me at least - a natural outgrowth of the picture editing topic. The new book is on prewar American Flyer, 125 pages, about 220 pictures, all in color, 8.5" x 11". Cost of color printing has come down - was out of the question for the TD books.

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

No apologies necessary from you Dick, as stated your post was related to the picture issue.
A new thread in chit-chat about your new book would be awesome, I am a train lover (model and full size) as well and look forward to it.
Now back on topic gents

Wolfsburg

Post by Wolfsburg »

Okay, let's try thisImageImageImageImageImage