Mill 101 Round Belt - TAN REPO

U.S. Military Krags
Culpeper

Re: Mill 101 Round Belt - TAN REPO

Post by Culpeper »

What Price Glory offers both tan and blue reproduction (.30-40) Mills Belts (100 Rd) and Bandoliers (100 Rd).

Do you have a link ?
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Need more crap for your tent? Culpeper ... you lazy!

www.whatpriceglory.com

This all explains your penchant for the Winchester-Lee:

Straight-Pull Bolt, Cartridges in Clips, Suspenders on Ammo-Belt, Small-Bore, Little Cartridges .... Less Work

LAZY LINK provided 8-) I am such an enabler.Image

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Nickjc ... too Hi Tech for me!

It looks like you are doing fine and destined to become the KCA: "Bandoleer Balladeer".

I bet you can connect two of those bandoleers together. A blue one with a khaki would look nice! ;D

(In all honesty, this complicated bandoleer & buckle-device looks like the kind of thing that fell by the wayside. Possibly, made redundant by the handy and disposable light cloth & safety-pin bandoleers ammo came 'packed in' from the arsenals)?

The ubiquitous (cheap & disposable) cloth bandoleers seem to have been around from Krag to M-14. Image

Nickjc

Post by Nickjc »

Ha !

Once you figure it out - and I still am not sure that *is* figured out, but it works, there is no easy on/off....

It is kinda an over the head thing and finagle to adjust etc...not like my 1903 or M1 belts...

But it will be fun at the range popping rounds off the belt - slamming steel and place the brass back - while the AR mag dump guy just look like i am nuts.... :D :D

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

'Njckjc' - I am sure your bandoleer and Krag will impress!

(That is a very attractively priced piece of equipment from WPG).

FWIW - I have been unable to find out any more information on that type of bandoleer. I don't recall ever seeing one at a gun show. I've never handled one, just seen pictures.

Stephen Dorsey's book, "American Military Belts And Related Equipments", does not have an example of this piece of gear.

Mallory, "The Krag Rifle Story", 2nd edition, shows a picture of your type of bandoleer (page 159) and a photo of (Filipino) Macabebe Scouts with bandoleers (page 160).

Mallory wrote: "Woven bandoliers with complicated wire closures are also illustrated here, but no records have been found on these", (page 155).

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

This is the non-lazy link...

http://onlinemilitaria.net/products/6257-Mills-Cartridge-Belt-for-US-Navy-and-USMC-M1895-Lee-Rifle/?bc=no

or maybe this one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mills-100-round-Bandolier-Blue-/232598495609

Or here I am in a movie asking if my pa was going to feed me.

I'm from Arkansas
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio