1898 Krags

U.S. Military Krags
hoocher

1898 Krags

Post by hoocher »

Hi..I have 2 1898 Krags. Trying to get a handle on the possible value and contacts for selling. Thanks!

serial #112298 and #128917

Whig

Re: 1898 Krags

Post by Whig »

Hello and welcome.

You ask a question that requires a lot more information about each Krag that you have and pictures that show all detail. We evaluate Krags all the time for people but are limited to the amount of information we can read and see about them.

You could also spend some time looking at Gun Broker and checking out the completed sales of Krags and see what they are actually selling for and how those compare to what you have. It's a guide, though. Your specific Krags may have features that add or subtract from value.

Also remember that what they are listed at gives no definite indication of value. You have to see what people are buying them at.

Feel free to ask questions and post pictures. This site has many pictures and historic posts that are full of helpful info too.

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Welcome to the most super-duperous Krag site on the planet!

It would help to have pics of the two rifles. Who knows. They could be the mostest rare Krag rifles in existance or they could be worth fifty-six cents each so much so you would just give them to me just to be rid of them.

Or they could be someplace way in between. My money is on in between.

Look below the smiley faces when you log in and go to load your pics.

|
|
|
\|/

More Attachments Less Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar Maximum Attachment size: 768 KB

Then look left to add more than one pic to a post. Click on the down arrow box.

Attachments \/

Attachment 1

<--------------- Look thata way.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

hoocher

Post by hoocher »

Thanks for the good information. I tried to upload pics but the files are too large. I will do some more research. Again...thanks!

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Just open MS Paint and resize in equal parts the horizontal and vertical. My camera make pics that are 4 meg in size. I save as a new file name and reduce from there. Usually 40 percent gets me close then I fine tune from there.

Never work on your original unless you "save as" another name.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

hoocher

Post by hoocher »

Pics...hope this helpsImageImageImage

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Just a bit on the small side. Try bringing them in at the size that fits the light blue back ground area of the posts. Look at alther post in the forums to get an idea of the size needed for good viewing.

Most of the guys here are blind and can only "see" the screen using the Braillle method.

You can modify your post and dump the small the pics and add the newer ones.

Whig

Post by Whig »

Krag rifle serial number 112298 was made in June 1898.
It looks to be in mostly military configuration but more pictures are needed.

Thanks. Takes patience to learn the picture posting requirements.

mavt

Post by mavt »

If you are viewing your picture in Windows you can right click and RESIZE is one of the options that comes up. Choose SMALL and it asks if you want to save and then saves as a smaller copy of the original that works good on this forum.

Mark_Daiute

Post by Mark_Daiute »

Real quick answer, at least in my world, unmolested Krags start at 6 bills and go up north from there.