Forced Metric?

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

Re: Forced Metric?

Post by butlersrangers »

FredC, will stay after class, for "Remedial Decimal Instruction", per Sister Mary Measure.Image

FredC

Post by FredC »

Should have been MM. Instead of correcting it and everyone trying to figure out the joke, I will let it stand.

Probably another reason I do not use metric, too easy to make a decimal mistake. Hardly ever mistake an inch for a thousandth.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Years ago, I was measuring an outdoor site with a "Stanley" 100 foot steel Reel-Tape, that my Grandfather had used in northern Michigan copper mines.

I was getting bizarre results and things were not quite lining up with my partner's measurements, that had been quickly done with a regular measuring tape.

I was slow to realize, that instead of 12 inches to the foot, the markings on my 'Grandpa's tape' were divided into increments of ten to the foot!

Mine Engineers measured with a decimal one foot scale. Each increment was 1/10th of a foot, instead of one inch!

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Paul: You better go to the Michigan Antique Arms Collectors Show in Novi, Sept. 15th & 16th, and get your bearings.

You gonna be there Chuck? I may just breeze on in and say hello!

Capt. Frank

Post by Capt. Frank »

I am retired from the USGS, we made all measurements using tenths and hundreds of a foot, this is also used for surveying.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Chains and Links and Rods ... O My!