Thoughts on my Krag

U.S. Military Krags
Rcat7147

Re: Thoughts on my Krag

Post by Rcat7147 »

There are three rifles belonging to members of this forum that were issued to the 3rd Kentucky volunteers during the Spanish American war. Mine among them.
This was revealed in a thread a while back. Still crazy to me. It would be neat to get them all together again one day.

Local Boy

Post by Local Boy »

Knute's exhaustive Krag related research has uncovered many Krags that are listed by serial number with added descriptions as to their location and use at that given time period...such as the Seal Island Krags.

IMHO: To paraphrase Butlersrangers from a previous posting "The serial number may not be listed in the SRS but is just as valuable, if not more interesting".

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

(in Larry the Cable Guy voice)Shhoooooot, RCat. Alls you need is a map, crow bar, and a fast car. They'll be together in no time flat.

I would love to have some story about any of my guns that I bought used. I already know the story of the ones I bought new. It's the story of me. Maybe I should write it down some time. Of course it would not be a story without the serial number.

Knowing the history, though, will not change the value of my gun one way or the other when I sell it or someone sells it for me because I am taking a very long nap.

I wonder if my M1917 was with Washington when he and Captain Pershing charged the heights at Chicamauggy... It does have a low serial number.

Krags! The best old guns I know.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio