My new to me Krag! No longer frustrated!

U.S. Military Krags
BillySteph

My new to me Krag! No longer frustrated!

Post by BillySteph »

Here is pics of the Krag I just purchased from a nice gentleman on the CMP boards. He had 150 rounds of factory ammo and 100 rounds of brass that had to go with it. So I think I did pretty decent, all in all. The cartouche is pretty light. The stock itself is in very nice condition. I have seen other very well defined cartouches that look nice but I am not so sure those are not fake. Seems some out there are a little too nice to be 118+ years old. I do have a question on one of the stamps. There is a P stamp for the proof and then there is a small stamp with the number 32 close to the trigger guard, what does that represent? I can take pics of that if need but all others I seen have a number there as well.Image

BillySteph

More Pics.

Post by BillySteph »

A few moreImageImageImageImageImage

Knute1

Re: My new to me Krag! No longer frustrated!

Post by Knute1 »

Very nice. Congrats!

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Nice Looking Krag!

The stock marking behind the trigger-guard and in front of the Circled "P" is believed to be a Stock-Worker or Sub-Inspector's mark.

Most U.S. Krag stocks will have small letters or numbers in that spot.

Whig

Post by Whig »

I love the beautiful even toning of your stock. That's about the best color I've seen of a Krag stock. Everything seems to match in degree of wear and tone. It's been together for a long time.

Just gorgeous!

How's the bore?

BillySteph

Post by BillySteph »

Thanks, the wood is beautiful in person! Barrel is bright shiny, nice rifling, muzzle gauged at 2, no breech gauge.

I love the beautiful even toning of your stock. That's about the best color I've seen of a Krag stock. Everything seems to match in degree of wear and tone. It's been together for a long time.

Just gorgeous!

How's the bore?

Griff557

Post by Griff557 »

Very nice!!! Still in limbo on my YA Krag

BillySteph

Post by BillySteph »

Thanks! Man that sucks about yours , sorry to hear that. Hopefully it will get straightened out soon!

Very nice!!! Still in limbo on my YA Krag