Best Sight for Accuracy?

U.S. Military Krags
psteinmayer

Re: Best Sight for Accuracy?

Post by psteinmayer »

Remember... The 1901 sight requires a different hand guard also. Switching rear sights from one type to another is not just a simple swap! Of course, if it's sporterized and doesn't have a hand guard, the point is moot.

Whig

Post by Whig »

Thanks, Paul. I have a few extra for this purpose. I shouldn't have a problem. (It's nice to have started collecting extra parts years ago.)

Mark_Daiute

Post by Mark_Daiute »

In my view, for someone with good eyes, the 1901 rear sight is capable of more precise shooting, the 1902 rear sight is more user friendly.

Whig

Post by Whig »

Thanks, Mark. That seems to be the consensus.

Capt. Frank

Post by Capt. Frank »

I personally prefer a small peep aperture, for me, it is more accurate. A larger peep can be good for those with failing eyes. poor vision, or in lower light conditions.

Whig

Post by Whig »

The smaller rear peep is nice but it is sometimes hard to find the front blade sight. If it is a clean hole, it certainly can be more accurate. One problem people have is having their head too far back from the peep. There is an ideal eye relief with them depending on size of aperture.

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Of course it helps to have good eyeballs too. :(
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

Whig

Post by Whig »

You're right! At 55, I thank God mine are still pretty good. Starting to need readers when I get tired.

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

I wear three level progressives... but fortunately, it doesn't affect my sighting and I wear an older pair of glasses for shooting. I'm 56 going on 72... LOL so I count my blessings that I can shoot straight enough to compete!

Whig

Post by Whig »

I guess that's the difference between close up and distance sighting. Pretty impressive, Paul! Hope the eyes keep you shooting straight for years to come.