Im trying to find out some information on my gu

U.S. Military Krags
Cander88

Im trying to find out some information on my gu

Post by Cander88 »

[left][left][/left][/left]Im trying to find out some information on my gun I would like to know the history on it but Im having a hard time trying to find information on it
the barrel length is 30 inches
the length of gun is 40 1 inchesImageImageImageImage

Cander88

Re: Im trying to find out some information on my gu

Post by Cander88 »

More PhotosImageImageImageImageImage

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Whoooaaaaa those are some big pictures... LOL

It appears that you have an 1898 that has had the stock cut down to sporterize it somewhat. With the barrel still 30 inches, you could graft a new fore-stock on and return it to full military condition with out having to sell the farm. Do you have the original front barrel band? If not, they are available.

Cander88

Post by Cander88 »

no i do not have the original front band im looking at wanting to sell this gun and im trying to find out what it would be worth also i guess if i did do that with the stock would that help the value

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

The stock being shortened does hurt the value... and places it unfortunately into the sporterized category. Value would be that of a sporter. Replacing the band and forearm would help, but still not as much as if it hadn't been modified in the first place. Still, with the barrel full length, it would make a nice project Krag for someone.