Pictures from Camp Perry Vintage Match

U.S. Military Krags
Cat Man

Pictures from Camp Perry Vintage Match

Post by Cat Man »

It was a long HOT week at the National Matches at Camp Perry Ohio. Saw lots of Springfield 03A3's and a few 03's and Krags. I took a Silver medal with my M-1903 (missed a gold by ONE point). 278/300

Same story with the M-1 Garand. Silver medal. Missed gold by one point

Shot my 98 Krag and bobbled a round in the rapid fire reload that cost me time. The last shot went into the target as time expired. A miss a 12 O'clock. That took me out of the competition. Still loved every shot we fired.

Here are a few pics of my team mates from the area shooting the Krag in the Vintage rifle match. This is at 200 yards.

Jeff the Caterpillar Man

ImageImageImageImage

Culpeper

Re: Pictures from Camp Perry Vintage Match

Post by Culpeper »

Looks like ya did real good. When do they post the scores so I can do some number crunching?

I will give away all of my guns if I miss Camp Perry in 2017! Dang I wish I had the Winchester in April so I could have worked out the problems. Grrrrrrrrr. >:(

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Howdy Jeff... Sorry we missed meeting up! Are you going to be at the Roosevelt on the 14th? If so... give me a shout.

Hey Paul... if you DO give them away... I'll take yer Krags. Don't worry, I'll keep them nice and safe until you return to your senses (although I'll probably have to punish you and keep one or two, LOL).

Tom Butts
Site Admin

Post by Tom Butts »

Great job!!!!

Cat Man

Post by Cat Man »

Someone asked if that was me with the Krag. Nope. Just three buddy's. I was shooting with the camera between relays.

Too far to get back to Camp Perry for the Roosevelt match. That "first annual" tee shirt will be a collector item. But check the CMP web site for the 2017 schedule. The legacy vintage matches will be fired without the gap next year. I plan to shoot the whole dang thing!

Good luck and good shooting Paul. Focus on the front sight!

"I shall return"

Jeff the Caterpillar Man