"Granpa's" Gun parts on Ebay

U.S. Military Krags
Jeremy T Garner

"Granpa's" Gun parts on Ebay

Post by Jeremy T Garner »

I stumbled across a seller on eBay by the name of movieman630 out of Doylestown Pennsylvania selling Krag parts as "Granpa's" Gun Parts. I was looking at an oiler and cleaning rod set amongst other things. I thought I would see if anyone else on here has dealt with him? I like to have a background on a seller or business as best I can before purchasing.

Dick Hosmer

Re: "Granpa's" Gun parts on Ebay

Post by Dick Hosmer »

I believe he may be the son of the longtime Feastertown PA dealer, Joe DeChristopher, who passed away about a year ago. I assume he is on the level, but have never dealt with him - did know his dad.

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

The question in my mind is: (If he is in fact Joe's grandson) Will he show the same care and love for the parts and customers that Joe did... or is he simply selling off Joe's parts and stuff for the money without regard?

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I have gotten some correct 1903 Springfield parts from 'Movieman'. The parts were promptly shipped and as described.

I think this is the best place to go for Krag cleaning rods and oilers.

I suspect the parts were carefully labeled by 'Granpa Joe'. (Free Shipping)!

Jeremy T Garner

Thanks for the background and info fellas. It sure seemed like he was on the level and I wondered about an assumed business or something after spending a little time researching. I never thought about it being a direct family member though. I was going to order cleaning rod sets for both my complete Krag rifles. I will proceed after hearing the positive feedback from Chuck on the 1903 parts.

Jeremy T Garner

I actually found Joseph DeChristopher's obituary after searching for his name. It references his grandson being involved in running the business with Joe. So I believe Dick is correct here and it is almost certainly his son or grandson selling these parts.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

The gun parts are real U.S. military, (not repro.), and 'Buy Now' prices, (not auction). Shipping is prompt.

Mark_Daiute

Post by Mark_Daiute »

I have purchased many parts from movie man. great parts, good prices fast shipping.

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Great news that he is carrying on with Joe's legacy.