i recently purchased a krag serial#5194 is it a ca

U.S. Military Krags
butlersrangers

Re: i recently purchased a krag serial#5194 is it a ca

Post by butlersrangers »

There is currently a 'Bannerman Sporter' Krag listed on GunBroker. The photo of the bottom of the stock shows how the 1903 magazine opening was plugged to utilize the stock on a Krag.Image

th

th

Post by th »

Thanks for the info is it worth anything?

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Depends on your perspective... Any Krag is worth having to some of us who love Krags. Yours should be a fun shooter, and great for hunting as well. Some only see the sum of it's parts. Sporters have their place in the world, just as collectable Krags (I have both).

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

'th' - It is worth $180 for play and parts value. Krags are Fun, but, it is easy to get 'burned'.

Your Krag is a good learning project and shootable. I recommend You spend $20 and buy Joe Poyer's book, "The American Krag Rifle and Carbine", if you wish to start your Krag Education.

(p.s. - Yesterday, the GunBroker 'Bannerman' sold for $359, but, it had some very valuable parts on it: 1892 extractor and bolt-sleeve/safety, 1898 sight - possibly carbine, and #14XX receiver with full length barrel. I do not see your 'Bannerman' having any real good Parts).

th

th

Post by th »

I paid $180 guess I broke even I like it interesting looking rifle