Krag grading

U.S. Military Krags
Top Dean

Re: Krag grading

Post by Top Dean »

Yes it History is a factor you have to figure, but those whom would want it for that are far and few between. We all are looking for as near mint as possible and while you is a very very nice one, the stock is a very big distractor. Carbine stock are almost impossible to find, and if you do you better have child to give in exchange. I have only seen one on the S & S site and has always been out of stock! I have a nice Model 96 Carbine but needs lots of T.L.C. to restore it and get a stock sees to be impossible at this point, not even thinking of a orginal rear site at this point.

amb4JC

Post by amb4JC »

As stated in beginning of post, I know very little about Krag carbines. I have no idea what you are saying. Perhaps you are speaking over my head. I just want to sell the carbine to someone at a fair price who will appreciate its history and enjoy it. Dick seems very knowledgeable and from what he said I interpreted the stock and it's history is not a plus or minus. I would accept any fair offer. No one seems to be suggesting what it is worth, which is why I priced it according to the last one I could find sold that was a transition model of which only 7000 were made.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I believe these pages pertain to the carbine being discussed in the 'Protocol' thread today. The carbine was interesting and got a lot of study last February. I searched it out (and commented) to bring it up to page 1.