Oh ..... Rats

European Krags
Culpeper

Re: Oh ..... Rats

Post by Culpeper »

Found a picture of me and my titan crew in a old SAC magazine. I did not recognize myself but I did see son #1. Man, is he screwed in twenty years.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

I was on a Titan base, McConnell. I was mostly in the Air Refueling Wing though. A short stint working in a Detachment known as the SAC Drug Rehabilitation Center, until I found a way around their controlled tour.

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Twenty years ago... Hmmmm I was testing tank transmissions for Allison Transmission. Hell of a fun job for someone who had recently exited the US Navy!ImageImage

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

McConnell. *sniff* (a haughty sniff). Oh yeah, those guys. They burned up one in the silo. Spilled a load of oxydizer. Turned every thing copper a bright green I am told. Of course, there was that difficulty down in Arkansas. Blew a 740 ton door a half a mile and the warhead out with it.

Is that a picture of you running that APC? Man that had to be a real gas. Kinda like flooding bottom levels of a silo and with enough water to be knee deep on the next one above it. NOw that was a gas. Still gives me a warm feeling after all these years. Thank the Lord the elevator did not go down to the sump. Eeck!

Holy hand grenades! Not only do I look old now I am geezering. Oh the humanity. My boys are really screwed. Good thing CAT Man has held up well. He gives hope to all mankind that we too can look good sliding in to the grave after a high speed chase from the cops and triple donuts in the church yard.

cue the music: "I fought the law and I won..."

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

I was there at the time of the oxidizer leak. Rock, KS I think it was. Google agrees. Still an AB with a wife and daughter at the time. I got to meet people from all the SAC bases at the Rehab center. Stupid place. They'd bring people from as far away as Guam. If they didn't meet the course requirements, they'd ship them all the way back to Guam, then kick them out and ship em back home! CMSgt Commandant was inline for CMSgt of the AF, but got gunned down for playing around with his female subordinates. He worked directly for the VICECINCSAC. http://www.themilitarystandard.com/missile/titan2/accident_533-7_1978.php

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Yes, that's me in the APC... and also my face you see in that M-60A1Rise!