Front Band for Calvary Carbine

European Krags
WagnerXD

Front Band for Calvary Carbine

Post by WagnerXD »

Does anyone know where I can source a front band for my 1896 Krag cavalry carbine? Reproduction or original. Thanks!

butlersrangers

Re: Front Band for Calvary Carbine

Post by butlersrangers »

'WagnerXD' - Welcome to the KCA Forum.

I assume the part you want is for a U.S. model 1896 Krag carbine. (Your thread was started under 'European Krags').

"movieman630" on ebay has original U.S. model 1896 carbine bands.

He is also listed on this Forum under "Grandpa's Gun Parts". Search the Vendors listings in "Classifieds", under the 'General' heading.

WagnerXD

Post by WagnerXD »

Thanks for the input. I actually have a Norwegian Krag. It's a bit of a rarer model as I heard only about 5000 of these were made. Unfortunately that doesnt help my cause of finding a front band for it :(

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

Numrich only shows one type in stock, probably not the type you need. You have to go through US military, then Krag, where you'll see the Norwegian krag parts listed. Like me messing with a Stomperud, it isn't easy to figure out exactly what you need.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Unless I am mistaken, the Norwegian Cavalry Carbine is called the model 1895. (Hence my confusion on your post).

Providing the 'year-date' on the receiver ring and the serial number will usually allow one to identify the specific Norwegian model.

p.s. - I don't know a source, outside of getting lucky on ebay or gunbroker, for a Norwegian M/1895 cavalry carbine or M/1897 mountain artillery barrel-band. (They should be identical).Image

WagnerXD

Post by WagnerXD »

^^ yes thats exactly the one. I got my info off of C&Rsenal, you may actually be right since a lot of Wiki pages have it listed as that. Seems like finding info on the krag is just as obscure as finding this band! Haha

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

Try BMF on gunboards forum, he's in Norway.