Are pictures gone from old posts?

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Whig

Are pictures gone from old posts?

Post by Whig »

I saw one old post where the pictures were gone and a box with a slash through it was there instead.

Have we lost a huge resource of all of our old pictures on KCA? I used these all the time for research purposes.

schlafe

Re: Are pictures gone from old posts?

Post by schlafe »

Can you provide a link to the post in question or any additional information?

Thanks,

Josh

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Whig & Josh - I am having the same result.
Photos once attached to older posts are currently not viewable.
I believe these pictures were still viewable, when the KCA site was in 'Maintenance Mode'.

schlafe

Post by schlafe »

There appears to be a linking issue where the images and avatars are referencing a path to the old test site which is unavailable. The artifact information is incorrect but the images are still available. We are looking into this.

schlafe

Post by schlafe »

This should be resolved, all Images and Avatars should appear properly.

As we are making configuration changes midday they may impact the user experience. Each time forum settings are manipulated it may cause user sessions to be logged out and may also require a new session to be created in order to update the session temp files (cookies).

In most cases, if a member is having trouble logging in after being 'booted' from the forum the best approach is to take a 5-10 minute break to allow for propagation of the updates etc.. In an ideal scenario all changes would be made during off-peak hours. Please hang in there while we make the adjustments.

Thank you