Fully operational forum

For poking fun and off topic subjects
FredC

Fully operational forum

Post by FredC »

Just got an email back from Josh working on the forum and it is now fully operational. I had held back in replying because I thought we would be making extra work for Josh and others building the new KCA forum. I could just see them blending in all the new threads and responses to the old saved forum.
Part of Josh's response:
We have cut over into production and are as live as it gets. Thanks for asking though!

Just went to another thread and tried to quote something, I quoted the wrong post and then deleted the post. looked for post numbers so one can refer to another post on lengthy threads and see none. Maybe it is there and I have just not located them yet.

butlersrangers

Re: Fully operational forum

Post by butlersrangers »

'FredC' - I was wondering why you had not 'showed up' and was just preparing to send you an e-mail.

I was worried you'd be shooting holes in your walls.

Good to see you here. Now, I can stop worrying about you and worry about someone else.

The KCA seems to be shy a lot of participants and "Usual Suspects".

FredC

Post by FredC »

Maybe others were waiting to post like me. That is why I started this thread.

MiddleFingerBOOBoo.jpg
MiddleFingerBOOBoo.jpg (619.35 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
Attaching is sort of different. The middle finger there was caused by falling out of a 5 ton military fire truck. No idea how I did it. Been up in the attic from a ladder 20 times this week end with no mishaps. Those 5 tons are tricky. Turns out several of the guys have almost fallen or did fall. I just happened to be the one that hit the concrete floor. What ever you have in your hand put it down before exiting, you can pick it up later if you are not too short. You need both hands and both feet free to safely climb out of those things.
Started running machines this week as I did not want that finger in the cutting oil till now. Now I have as many stitches in my ear from a skin cancer removed. Getting old is not for sissies, but it beats dying young.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

'FredC' - Better to be Seen than Viewed.

Hmmm, middle-finger .... You sticking with that Fire Truck Story?

Guess I'm back to worrying about you. Heal quick!

Knute1

Post by Knute1 »

Hope your finger heals well. Being careful is so easy to do...yet so hard to do.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Knute, it has almost been a month and only about 1/4 inch needs to heal up. I had a set back when I went to the regular doctor to get the stitches out. They worried about the strength of the healed up section and glued and taped it over. Bad deal as moisture got trapped in there and the skin on both sides swelled and separated. I was worried I would loose it for a while. Went to another doc and they said too risky to restitch it, just watch it. It has healed from 1/2 to a 1/4" now so making progress. I wish I had taken the stitches out myself, I would well ahead of where I am now. Nerves may not heal now with that swelling deal, time will tell but right now it is numb on the end.
When the cancer doctor put the stitches in my ear, I told him about the trouble with the local doctor removing stitches so he put self dissolving stitches in. All but one have come out now.

If any have email addresses of regulars that have not been back yet, let them know KCA is back.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

FredC - Ya got me working the 'Worry Beads' - Good Luck and I hope you heal "OK"! (At least it's not your 'Trigger Finger').