No Country for Old Men

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Knute1

Re: No Country for Old Men

Post by Knute1 »

Doesn't it seem odd that whenever the Government puts out "free money" that something goes awry? When I went to a state college the semester tuition was below $500. In comes student loans, colleges saw that there was more money out there and raised there tuition by 10 times. And that is still cheap. But my salary didn't go up 10 times since graduating
There has been a war on poverty since LBJ in the 60's. Now inner city women keep a man out of their household so they can get more money for the children they have. No man in the house and discipline begins to erode. Being a man in that environment isn't raising a family. Its belonging to a gang and robbing or killing people to gain respect. Hopelessness and despair. Hard to find a way out of that scenario.
I listen a lot to Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty fame and agree with his perspectives. Our way out of this is for the country to get back to the basics of following God's natural laws. Love one another. At least respect one another. Listen to each other without venom. The problem is when the other side won't listen and talks over you. I try my best to listen to the other side. But there will be things that I'll never be able to overcome. Gun ownership is one. Respect of all human life is another. I have a brother-in-law who is a retired "peace officer". His politics are opposite of mine and the last time he wanted to start in on me I said one thing to end the conversation: "I don't know what side your are on, but I'm on the police officers side. I don't agree with everything police officers do, but I understand their desire to make it home each day."

Kerz

Post by Kerz »

Chuck, et al,
Yelp I'm right there with you regarding our concerns. Not sure which is the "biggest" but my vote is the Presidential Election. Not to diminish the long list of other issues plaguing our great country. Make no mistake, these mobs are not just happen-stance but well organized and funded by our enemies, foreign and domestic.
Attacks on the proud officers that enforce the laws and protect the innocent are disgusting. I worked part-time LE in eastern KY for 13 years. I enjoyed those days. Although I wouldn't be too exited about doing it today.
Vic
Boyd County LE .jpg
Boyd County LE .jpg (238.39 KiB) Viewed 904 times
Preparedness + Opportunity= Luck

NRA Benefactor Member
KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

"Kerz" - Thanks for your Law Enforcement Service.

It would be great if things 'Boomeranged' on the forces, politicians, and media, that seek to destabilize our society and undermine our form of government.

I hope the 'pollsters' are totally off the mark and the majority of voters send a clear message that we are done with the nonsense!