How do we connect to old posts?

U.S. Military Krags
Whig

Post by Whig »

I wanted to post the link to an older KCA thread where we discussed, and I was compiling a list of, authentic M1898 carbines that is for the post that Snowstorm started today. But, the link does not take me to the old post thread. It connects to the alert about the KCA site being in maintenance mode and you cannot connect to it.

How do we actually connect to older KCA posts? I hope all our historic info is not lost! It's a waste if we have lost touch with the posts we have all worked so hard to research and write!

Here's the link that doesn't work for me: Am I missing something?

http://www.kragcollectorsassociation.or ... 1569961276

Thanks.

madsenshooter

Re: How do we connect to old posts?

Post by madsenshooter »

I don't have an answer to your question, I'm just welcoming myself back! I just found the secret combination to getting back. The question is interesting though.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Welcome back Madsenshooter!

FredC

Post by FredC »

http://www.kragcollectorsassociation.co ... 104#p32104

You mean like this? If so this is the instructions given to me by Josh:

Hey Fred,
I understand now… there is a way to do this. There is a small icon that looks like a piece of paper next to each user name within a post. The icon is a direct link to that specific post. You can copy the link to that post by Right clicking on the icon and selecting COPY LINK (on a MAC you would CONTROL + CLICK for the menu). You can then paste the direct link to said post in your post.
Last edited by FredC on Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

All of the posts were brought over to the new forum, you should be able search here and find them.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Whig,
I think I see what is wrong with your link that does not work. On my tablet I think I see .org as part of the link you tried. If the link is the same nomencature changing to .com may work. If not you will need to search for it again then use what Josh sent me. I just tried the link to the scout photo from my tablet and it worked.

Whig

Post by Whig »

I switched .org to .com and I got a blank screen. Can you copy your post that worked in your reply? Thanks, Fred.

I don't understand what Josh's post says. I can't get to this old post to copy anything.

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

I copied "list of, authentic M1898 carbines" from your post and pasted in the search feature, then added search posts by Whig and searched. a number of posts came up I chose this one and copied and pasted here. Forgot to say that each post has a line to "chose this post" I clicked on that then copied and pasted here

http://www.kragcollectorsassociation.co ... nes#p22658
Last edited by Ned Butts on Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Whig,
Take a look at these new posts, I copied this from your first message on this thread:
(*) Post by Whig » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:58 pm

Just before the "Post by Whig" is a small square hot icon (*). When you hover your mouse pointer over it a hand appears with a small box to the right that says "Post" , that is what you right click on to copy the link.

I copied the link addresses that we have referenceced so far and they are a completely different format so just changing .org to .com will not work.
.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1569961276 This is the old format
.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3827&p=22658&hilit=list+of%2C+authentic+M1898+carbines#p22658 This is the new format
Last edited by FredC on Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Whig, You probably have a list of links to important threads, the old format will not find any of them anymore. Maybe Josh can help with a format translator? If not we will just have to use the search feature to find each of those important threads then copy the new internet address for each.