Supreme Court Future?

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Dick Hosmer

Re: Supreme Court Future?

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Chuck, I agree, especially with your last line. He is no saint, but he is WAY ahead of anyone else I'd want in the hot seat at this time.

Three bright spots: THREE new SC justices!!!! We apparently will keep the Senate! We will have more seats in the House!

Also, Trump is NOT going to go quietly - so, perhaps at last, SOMETHING will be done about the rampant cheating, going all the way to SCOTUS if need be! But, if the courts don't straighten out the election, we'll just have to tighten our belts and hunker down for the next four years. Remember that Trump would be eligible to run in 2024 and would be younger then than Biden is now! Biden (if he squeaks in) will have no mandate, and a hostile Senate for at least half of his first (and there will be no second - the job will break him) term. The nation might elect Biden, but they would never go for Harris at the top of the ticket.

Keep your chin up, your lip stiff, and carry on, my friend!!

waterman

Post by waterman »

Looking forward to the court battles. Hope there is real and admissible evidence. But the people have already chosen Harris, they simply don't realize it, yet.

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

In a way, yes. But I still doubt she'd win on her own. What about the suggestion that Biden will abdicate shortly after the election?

As to the courts, etc. I have now seen two separate announcements on FB (both removed almost immediately) that the DHS - as a major sting operation - printed up, or had printed up, a very large quantity of ballots with "invisible" markings, presumably for distribution in selected areas where "problems" were expected - they couldn't have printed ballots for the entire nation, nor would they have needed to. Many areas were beyond cheating either way. Speaking of which, has anyone EVER heard of Republicans cheating?

IF (and it's a BIG if) that is true, and a lot of counted ballots turned up without said markings, the excrement will have hit the ventilator. One of the announcements purported that such HAD actually happened and that the shoe would drop within a few days. We can only hope.

My position - from which I will NOT budge - is that I want EVERY legal vote counted, and EVERY illegal (for whatever reason) vote discarded. If that produces a Biden win, so be it, but, at this point I am FAR from believing that everything is on the up-and-up, despite the incessant yapping of the mass media.

Knute1

Post by Knute1 »

The media has always had great influence over the American populace. They can report things with a twist or cynicism that plants seeds in peoples minds. Distort truths, report half truths. and just blatantly report untruths knowing that there sheople will believe it because they want to believe it. And they are selling something, making a profit on words.

So putting this in the context of the Krag era:

REMEMBER THE MAINE

In 1895 Cubans were in open revolt against Spanish rule. Randoph Hearst (publisher of the New York Journal) and Joseph Pulitzer (publisher of the New York World) were in competition with each other to sell newspapers. They sensationalized the atrocities going on in Cuba. When the U. S. battleship Maine blew up on 2/15/1898 the headlines in the New York Journal was "REMEMBER THE MAINE". The newspaper put the blame on Spain for the explosion without evidence. The American populace went for it and became enraged. The slogan "Remember the Maine, To Hell With Spain" was the cry of the day. President McKinley reacted partly due to American sentiment and war ensued.

Future research of evidence indicated that the Maine explosion was internal and not from an external device. A relatively thin metal plate wall that seperated the engine (boiler) room from the magazine room (with black powder, which is more ignitable then smokeless powder) was a possible cause of the explosion. Not from malice.

Some experts say that Hearst's newspaper had little to do with starting the war. I am not an expert, but I am laying out my bull$41+ card on that one. It changed history. There never would have been "The Rough Riders". The Krag rifle era may have been longer if it hadn't gone up against the Mauser.

But that is all history now. Yet, I wonder what affects the era we are living in now will have on our nation in the future. It definitely is a test of the soul of our nation.

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

Dick Hosmer wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:03 pmMy position - from which I will NOT budge - is that I want EVERY legal vote counted, and EVERY illegal (for whatever reason) vote discarded. If that produces a Biden win, so be it, but, at this point I am FAR from believing that everything is on the up-and-up, despite the incessant yapping of the mass media.
Exactly my position as well!!

waterman

Post by waterman »

My wife is a pretty smart person, MBA, etc. She & I have been trying to figure out how you could rig an election & not get caught. Here's what we came up with. First is location. No need to do it in LA or Chi or NYC. Those places always vote Dem. Have to be the biggest city or two in more than one swing state. Probably the easiest would to have phantom voters with fake registrations, fake IDs, real addresses but imaginary people. But you would need to have maybe 200,000 such fake voters to swing one state (like PA) and it would take about 10 years to build a bloc of fake voters. You would need to slip them into the voter roles one or two at a time, very gradually. Probably be easiest to get done if it was an inside job, with a couple of people who were employees of the city election department. Addresses for the imaginary voters would have to be in the slummiest part of town with a highly mobile & suspicious population.

You could have dead people vote, but the numbers generated would never swing a major election. Only 7,000 dead from COVID in LA, the most of any county in the US. Another very probable source is college kids who go to school in one place but live in another. They could be registered in both places, because there would be no cross-checking. But again, the total number of votes is really not very great. Probably happens all the time in CA, but has zero impact on a national presidential race because CA always votes Dem.

Then again, in America, we're supposed to have secret votes. So the mail-in ballot has an outside part with signature, etc., but the inside ballot is unmarked. If you had a big room with 100,000 inside ballots are separated from the outside part, scanned, counted, & stored and then you find that 2,000 are fake, what do you do? Which 2,000 do you throw out? If you throw them all out, you have denied 98,000 people their right to vote. That's a ticket to the Federal court house.

FredC

Post by FredC »

No need to fake college kids votes. They have been indoctrinated since Pre K. just needed to motivate them. With lawyers attacking trucking companies and green new deal politicians attacking diesel fuel it will be interesting to see if farmers give up planting and truckers stop hauling food because of fuel prices. I do not have any idea how you could run a 200 horse tractor on an extension cord and I am just a little guy, neighbors have 800 horse tractors. They do irrigate with 500 horse electric pumps but those run on distribution voltages 3500 or 7000 volts (no transformers). May be tough to live in a city in the future.

waterman

Post by waterman »

The college kids votes are not faked. If they go to college somewhere other than their home town, they register at home and also in the city where they go to college. Happens all the time. Nobody checks. If you want to find evidence of fraud, you start with college enrollment data and then go to voter rolls.

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Some thoughts as they came to me at random, not necessarily in order of importance:

(1) I'd look for ballots that had no name checked other than Biden. As you say, chicanery takes time, and the fakers wouldn't have had enough of it to fill in all the choices. There was absolutely NO "Blue wave" - this was to "kill" Trump, period. I'd also go after districts where there were more votes than voters! HOW can that be justified by ANY sane person? What about the large dumps of ballots "found" (post-election, of course) with NO, not even one, vote for Trump.? That is statistically impossible.

(2) Just as there was no need to "fix" LA, Chicago, et al, there is no need to attack the results nationwide either. Concentrate on the places where whistleblowers have come forward, or the problems being obvious, such as the items in (1) and the poll-watchers being shut out in Philadelphia. The PA vote should be in real trouble anyhow because they CLEARLY violated the Constitution.

(3) What to do about the inevitable rioting if the courts finally declare Trump to have been reelected? While we cherish free speech in America, we do NOT need to condone violence and mayhem. The National Guard was called in to quell the Watts (CA) riots in 1965, so there is a precedent for so doing. A second Civil War would be unthinkable, but surrendering to the mob is ALSO unthinkable. Was Nikita Kruschev right? Will we fall from within? We may have just elected a Communist VP, a heartbeat behind a senile political hack.

(4) Don't underestimate the cemetery vote! That is a treasure-trove of support which the Dems have been mining for years and by now are probably very good at it. This was years ago, but an aunt of mine, in Chicago, had to routinely remove her parents from the rolls, cycle after cycle!

(5) The rotten-to-the-core media is working overtime to flood the news with Biden this, Biden that. The winner will be the man whom the courts declare, not the damned talking heads, or the pundits on Facebook. I actually had an acquaintance from high school, who went on to become a noted figure in the theater, as well as a teacher who spent 40 years in academia at the university level, tell me just last week that he had "never, ever" seen a professor try and impose his political beliefs on a student! Who could swallow that? The educational system is as rotten as the press.

I'm depressing myself - time to yield the floor.

waterman

Post by waterman »

I had forgotten about the cemetery vote. My father was born in Chicago in 1909 and died in 1972, but not in Chicago, hadn't lived in Cook County since 1950. His sister, my aunt, worked for the Cook County Elections Dept or some such. For years after that, at every family gathering, she reported that Dad must be alive because he voted again.

We must remember that there will almost always be many people, dead or alive, with the same name.