Just Curious

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

Just Curious

Post by butlersrangers »

I just happened to notice, that our 'home location' and whimsical comments seem to be gone, from the field (on the left) that holds our avatar, screen name, and stats.

Is this a new precaution or am I slow to observe?
Attachments
2020 in a nutshell.jpg
2020 in a nutshell.jpg (40.82 KiB) Viewed 1860 times

FredC

Re: Just Curious

Post by FredC »

Now that you mention it. I am not sure if the info has ever been displayed on KCA.com. I looked in my user control panel and it does show my location. I did not see any options for turning that function on or off on threads. List me as puzzled also. Possibly dense for not noticing it till now.

Hey, I see my location displayed as Dewees Texas on this thread, do you all?
Looked at some other threads and Parashooter's location is shown. Maybe we set it up and the rest of you all have not?
Whimsical notations are not there anymore. Parashooter's used to be Kragmudgeon or something like that.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

'FredC' - Your Texas locale shows up.

I guess my junk disappeared with the site remodel. I just added a location in my personal data and it appeared.

I miss that 'kragmudgeon'.

Parashooter

Post by Parashooter »

OK. Look again for a devious approach.
Last edited by Parashooter on Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

My location does not show, and I think I'll leave it that way, unless I'm struck by some whimsy.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

How will Big Sister know where to send the drones???

FRANCE! .... um ... ya, Dick Hosmer is vacationing in the French 'wine country'.

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

If only it were that simple to escape the drones. Believe me, Big Sister knows, or can find out with a couple of keystrokes, EXACTLY where each and every one of us resides and even whether or not we are likely to be at home. VERY CONCERNING. This is NOT the America in which I grew up, and I'm scared shitless, not because I've done anything, but the fact that my government, which I once revered and respected, has the capability of extinguishing me with no more thought than squashing a bug. 1984 will be here in a couple of days. BTW - anyone read Robert Heinlein's "Glory Road"? Not one of his better known works, but he sure predicted the rise of the corporations. BTW redux - anyone else just moping around, feeling very uneasy, unable to really concentrate, etc. waiting for whatever happens or doesn't happen tomorrow or Wednesday? I feel lost somehow.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Time to lay some 'track' and run an American Flyer!

waterman

Post by waterman »

I'm in the same boat as Mr. Hosmer. Not sure as to what is going to happen, but I don't have high hopes. Is there a believable leader of the opposition? And are we prepared for the probable response?

meterman

Post by meterman »

Just put my American Flyer away till next Christmas, wife had me put it up for my 1 year old grand daughter. I had not run it in over 25 years, she loved it, more like hypnotized by it.