76 years ago today.

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

76 years ago today.

Post by butlersrangers »

"D" Day seems often forgotten.

With much of the fabricated drama that gets peddled as "Historic" and "Heroic", nowadays, it is good to remember something that was truly historic and improved the lot of humanity.

June 6th is a good day to remember our heroes, past and present, military, police, medical, and 1st responders, who go into harm's way for us.

My Uncle Ed was 18 years old, when he landed with the 3rd wave on Omaha Beach. He was in the 1st Army and later was transferred to Patton's 3rd Army.
(I believe the photo with the '5th Army' patch is from his time in the post-war Reserves).

He was my God-Father and passed away 2 1/2 years ago.
Starting about 15 years ago, I use to make a point of calling him, every June 6th, to just say hello and thank him.
He was our last WW2 G.I., amongst the numerous Friends and Family, who served.ImageImageImage

Culpeper

Re: 76 years ago today.

Post by Culpeper »

Thirty-seven year ago today Son #2 arrived. He is my D-Day reminder.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

Dick Hosmer

Re: 76 years ago today.

Post by Dick Hosmer »

When did the CW-style shoulder straps for officers return to use? Sometime in the sixties? Was it concurrent with the change to blue for dress?