You think you have it bad?

For poking fun and off topic subjects
FredC

Re: You think you have it bad?

Post by FredC »

I have been told I have an odd sense of humor. Thought the four legged coyotes were funny when caught on trail cameras. When your dog objects to taking a bath show him the photos of the wild canids bathing and enjoying it. Offer to bathe a pig first to ripen up the bath water if he is still not convinced. If I meet happy dancing coyote when I have a rifle in hand I will shoot him. Till then I will laugh at the funny things he does. Most of the 20+ years I have been here we were pig free. This last year not so much. It was better when I could kill them in the open fields on the neighbors places, took a little more time this go round. Also gave the members that are funnier than me an opportunity to contribute labels for the photos.

Like your cousin now, we are a couple hundred miles from the border. The evil of 2 legged coyotes is sort of a contrast with the silly four legged kind. I know both the fellows that i mentioned coyotes damaged their property. Both live where the road makes a sudden turn. The one in town has had that fence driven though many times. The other is on paved road that a dirt road Ts into. Only once did he have a coyote drive into the house.

Others have real health issues or real problems. I was on a Zoom meeting the other day and a young woman was there that had fled from Ukraine to Romania, her parents were still in Odessa and that morning we heard about the rocket attacks there. Others have it real tough. Four legged coyotes are funny.

You see odd things on a ranch. The other day I found 2 matching gloves in the middle of my 25 acre Klein field. Did they fall off an airplane? Someone crossing the field dropped them 25 feet apart. Did a coyote steal them from a work site and leave them out there? Funny odd things happen out here.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

'Fred', what is a "klein" field? A small 25-acre Feld?

I bet the pair of gloves fell off of a UFO!
How many fingers on each hand?
Are they made for opposable thumbs?

Maybe they belong to this being?
Attachments
harmony.jpg
harmony.jpg (54.55 KiB) Viewed 868 times

FredC

Post by FredC »

That's funny Br.

Klein grass is an introduced grass. One book that I had listed it as poisonous. Tolerated by cattle but bad for horses and goats. The grass has a remarkably high protein content and cows love it.
The gloves are behind the driver's seat of the tractor I did not count the fingers, but now I will have to go and check. If I remember correctly, they looked small and probably would not fit me. UFOs were not high on my list of possibilities.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Fred - 'Klein' is German for "small".

If the 'klein field gloves' are small, maybe this goes beyond mere coincidence!

I would not be so hasty to rule out a UFO.

FredC

Post by FredC »

butlersrangers wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:20 pm Fred - 'Klein' is German for "small".

If the 'klein field gloves' are small, maybe this goes beyond mere coincidence!

I would not be so hasty to rule out a UFO.
Well you made me do a little research on Klein grass. Still have no clue why it is named small grass in Germain. "Small grass" would make me thing short compact grass like used on a putting green. Do not think that is correct for this stuff. 20 to 50 inches tall is the standard height. Makes finding golf balls and gloves difficult. Maybe a good hiding place for little green men.

It does seem to weird that cattle do so well on a grass that is poisonous. The little research I just did leaves it a mystery why cattle do so well on it. Maybe something to do with the space aliens hiding out in the field. I did find out the grass was imported from Africa, I can only guess that someone named Klein did the research on the African grass or maybe he was responsible for importing it and doing the trials to see if it was a beneficial grass. Kind of like the fellow responsible for the Boysen berry. Named after the inventor Mr. Berry. Or was it Mr. Boysen? Sometimes I get these things mixed up.
Last edited by FredC on Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Below is a quote from a Jager Pro newsletter. The accompanying photo was a severe hog root showing the damage the "alien species" causes. Maybe I should have been looking for little green pigs instead of little green men?

"Jager Pro Hog Control Systems
April 20 at 8:50 PM ·
The legal definition of an invasive species in the United States is "an alien species whose introduction cause economic or environmental harm or harm to human health."
#invasivespecies"

https://www.facebook.com/JAGERPROHCS/?j ... mc_id=5872

The photo and quoted text are near the bottom of this page.

I still need to check the gloves.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Just in case any thought that 2 legged coyotes could not be quite as evil as I suggested earlier. The recent news of the semi trailer deaths in San Antonio keeps getting worse. First it was 46 deaths with 16 survivors. Evidently the survivors were in such bad shape 1/2 of them have died in local intensive care units. Death toll is up to 53. Strange that at least one of the coyotes pretended he was a victim from the trailer. Pretty obvious he was not near death like the others.

My sister-in-law married a legal alien from El Salvador. He has since tried to bring his children in from an earlier marriage. In getting his daughter here the coyotes involved held her for ransom. My sister in law's husband borrowed the money from me to pay the ransom. If he had not done that the daughter would have probably been sold to sex traffickers. I have never met this new relative, but he is hard working and honest, he paid me back fairly quickly. Later attempt to get a son to come here ended up with the son being abandoned on a ranch in south Texas. No food or water and a dying cell phone battery. He was so discouraged he wanted to go back home. He was advised to turn himself in to authorities. On this one I do not know the rest of the story as the sister-in-law and husband live in another state.

Moral of the story is 2 legged coyotes are evil beyond belief do not trust your or a loved one's life to them. Do not drive next to one as your life will be in danger if he sees law enforcement. if you live near a dead-end road build a barricade to protect your house from fleeing coyotes.

It gets worse, 4 dead and 3 injured at HWY 44 and I35, fleeing coyote slams into 18-wheeler today (June 30). At least it was not a family in a minivan that was hit.
Last edited by FredC on Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I don't understand how anyone serving/ruling in Washington D.C. can live with themselves, if they are not working their butt off to solve the border problems.

Much of the News Media are downright liars in deflecting blame and not demanding effective actions and for the Congress and the Executive Branch to do their jobs.

Our Country is facing and should be preparing for some fundamental challenges to our existence.

Many of the 'movers and shakers' have conspired to distract and make The People take their eye off the ball.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Br, it is not only the movers and shakers. It is your neighbor using illegal drugs that is as much to blame. Today it is drug runners that control the border crossings and they are very evil. Forty years ago, the coyote was a local that knew the river and how to get people safely across. Twenty five years ago Fransisco worked for me. By then he was a naturalized citizen. Much earlier he came across illegally and worked at a dairy near here. His daughter told me he spoke English with a Polish accent. Anyway when he paid to have his family brought across, he made sure the guide was going to keep his family safe. I called him a guide since he was nothing like today's coyotes.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

.... maybe not!
Attachments
I guess Not.jpg
I guess Not.jpg (51.99 KiB) Viewed 652 times