Welcome to the Stratosphere

Ammunition, reloading, shooting, etc
Culpeper

Welcome to the Stratosphere

Post by Culpeper »

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/959729636

If you graduated from the third grade the same as I did (only took me three tries) then you will know what twenty dollars a round of ammo looks like.

This is the end times. Time to unload my stash of one hundred and twenty boxes and retire to Fiji.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

psteinmayer

Re: Welcome to the Stratosphere

Post by psteinmayer »

Seriously??? This is for one box... of 60+ year old ammo... that no one in their right mind would actually chamber in a rifle now??????

It just goes to show how greed has become the #1 asset of the common man in todays day and age!!! I would be equally concerned about the idiot that would actually BUY this!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

waterman

Post by waterman »

The torn part on the box diminishes the value of the whole for serious cartridge collectors. I think the box dates from the 1950s. I'd offer $40, but no more.

Cat Man

Post by Cat Man »

I think I got a better Krag bear.
And now I'm rich?
I'll meet Steve in the beach bar in Figi
Attachments
IMG_0910.JPG
IMG_0910.JPG (775.22 KiB) Viewed 1157 times

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

'Cat Man' - You be hangin with Elon Musk and Scrooge McDuck, now?

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Cat Man. Sorry but yours is worth much less. You see, your box is for the merely rare 180 gr. Silvertips. His is for the Super Duper Rare 220 gr. Silvertips.

So I would place a 7.77 dollar a round value on your stuff. Lucky you. But I am the consummate whack-O here and would not know a worm gear from a tape worm.

-Message sent from the opium den across the river
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

King carp

Post by King carp »

There is a sporterized Krag by me for sale priced at $350.00. Hard to believe that 20 rounds of ammo for it can cost more than the rifle. From an old movie come on, "In a world gone mad".

waterman

Post by waterman »

Culpepper is correct. The 220-grain sporting loads are much less frequently seen than the 180-grain loads. The appropriate boxes (if not torn) are similarly more valuable. Take yourself back in the day. Unless you were after moose, elk or (gasp!) a big bear, the 220s were overkill. I think the factories stopped loading them in the early 1950s.