10 stripped receivers

Sporterized and unofficial modified Krags
Grunt221

10 stripped receivers

Post by Grunt221 »

I just bought 10 stripped Krag receivers from Sarco.
$14 each, What the heck. I’m assembling 4 at the moment. Most serials fall in 1900-02 range.
I’m making a receiver jig and barrel wrench now. Every few years, I get uber-interested in 1 particular historical firearm and go kinda crazy with it. First it was G88 commission rifles (I built 6 of those) then I did 4 of IMAs
“untouched” East India Company muskets. Now I am getting pretty deep into Springfield Krags. I have had a few in the past. My interest has been resparked. Trapdoors will probably be next.

butlersrangers

Re: 10 stripped receivers

Post by butlersrangers »

'Grunt221' - Welcome to the KCA Forum

It is quite an investment in recent years to assemble a working Krag from loose purchased parts and a stripped receiver!

P0H0

Post by P0H0 »

I would be interested in learning the final price on each completed reciever. For $14 each, they may be worth a lot more in a few decades.

Whig

Post by Whig »

Unless you have your own FFL, did the transfer of these receivers cost you much? I would imagine many of them were made after January 1, 1899 and needed transfer through an FFL.

That's quite the project to undertake. There are a ton of parts on ebay from sellers who bought full Krags, sporters or whatever and tore them a part to profit from the venture. Now an adventurous shooting enthusiast like you comes along to undo the damage and create, or "re-create" a new Krag from the parts.

Where do you plan on getting most of your parts for these many Krag builds? Good luck, take pictures, and keep us informed please!

P0H0

Post by P0H0 »

$30 for a Curio and Relic license - delivery to your doorstep.