Al Jaffee RIP

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Culpeper

Al Jaffee RIP

Post by Culpeper »

I loved reading Jaffee's stuff in Mad when I was a kid. He made me the well rounded jerk that Ì am today. I lived for my monthly fix of his Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions section.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... d-102.html
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

MooseNugget

Re: Al Jaffee RIP

Post by MooseNugget »

My all time MAD favorite was the Fold-ins...only periodical where I would start reading from the end.

He had a big influence toward my smart-alecky ways as well...farewell Al Jaffee. :cry:

Unfortunately these days we have 'Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions' turned around to 'Stupid Answers to Snappy Questions!'

Opps, there I go being smart-alecky again! Thanks Al!
Attachments
WHPS.jpg
WHPS.jpg (9.86 KiB) Viewed 404 times

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I don't think a lot of young people would be able to understand and enjoy the humor of MAD Magazine, today.

Satire and Irony require objective thinking and the ability to listen, recognize, understand, differentiate, appreciate wit and laugh at the absurd.

King carp

Post by King carp »

I liked the movie satires. Paul neumans "hud" became "crud". "Voyage to the bottom of the sea" was "Voyage to see whats on the bottom". One of the very few magazines that did not have any advertizing until just before it stopped being published. Fester bestertester still makes me laugh.

Capt. Frank

Post by Capt. Frank »

Spy vs Spy was not bad either. MORE TRASH FROM MAD