Serial Number List

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Dick Hosmer

Serial Number List

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Cannot access s/n list??? Says to clear my browser cache. Cleared "today & yesterday", NOT going to dump everything. This has NEVER happened before - something wrong? Thanks.

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Re: Serial Number List

Post by Ned Butts »

I was just able to open it. Any one else having troubles?
Sending this up tyhe ladder

Tom Butts
Site Admin

Post by Tom Butts »

I just went there to check it out. All seems to be in order.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

"Observed Serial Number List" opens for me.

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Still frozen for me, and EVERY time I've ever "cleared" my cookies and/or caches, it has led to a lengthy and frustrating session of trying to rebuild access to all other sites whose info went out with the same bath water. Just isn't worth it to me.

UPDATE: I just dug in and cleared the (2) KCA cookies ONLY. Then, signed in successfully (w/o having to enter my password) but, s/n list still comes up "loading error" and grays out.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Dick, maybe you should 'logout' and 'login' and change to a new password.

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

I had considered that, maybe even a whole new entity, but I believe that I'll be told that my email address is already in use, and I am ABSOLUTELY NOT going to mess with that. I'll just have to get along without the s/n list until I figure it out. Not the end of the world. Is anyone else using Safari on a Mac? I tried Firefox, but that didn't fix it.

FWIW, the "add a number" link comes up just fine, and has ever since s/n list problem occurred a few days ago. This makes me think the issue is not at my end. If it rejects one, it should reject both, wouldn't you think?

Whig

Post by Whig »

Dick, I use Mac exclusively and have been using "Brave" browser for years because of some increased amount of privacy compared to others.

P0H0

Post by P0H0 »

Using Mac and safari with no issue — serial number google sheet opens.

What version of Mac OS and Safari are you running — have you checked for updates? Also, worth trying a reboot. If you have an iPad or other device, try your account on it as well.

Oh, I have no idea of your skill level so please don’t get upset — simply closing out the app window sometimes does not turn it off. You have to click on the app icon…. Look for the ones with the dot below them signifying they are active. Force quit the apps if necessary.

Because it isn’t working on chrome either is a clue that the issue is something common between them. Update your MS Office and Mac apps also good measure.

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

P0H0 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:44 am Using Mac and safari with no issue — serial number google sheet opens.

What version of Mac OS and Safari are you running — have you checked for updates? Also, worth trying a reboot. If you have an iPad or other device, try your account on it as well. Mojave 10.14.6 and Safari 14.1.2. Yes, I know that is not the latest but Mojave is the last version that will support one of my genealogy programs. Done updates and reboots - several.

Oh, I have no idea of your skill level so please don’t get upset — simply closing out the app window sometimes does not turn it off. You have to click on the app icon…. Look for the ones with the dot below them signifying they are active. Force quit the apps if necessary. Am aware.

Because it isn’t working on chrome either is a clue that the issue is something common between them. Update your MS Office and Mac apps also good measure.
. Don't have Chrome or MS Office, won't work on Firefox. Thanks for your suggestions!