Who's still here??

For poking fun and off topic subjects
trapdoor4570

Re: Who's still here??

Post by trapdoor4570 »

I have been a lurker here for a long time before I joined.
Took the Krag as a challenge it sat in the back of the closet for many years until it started working well for me. Still like the ‘03s, 40x and 45-70 better. But it is a lot of fun now that I convinced it to do what I want.
Still remember the late 50’ and early 60’s the boys & girls would be at the bus stops with their rifles. The bus would stop at the gym and they would turn in the rifles to the coach. After school and practice they would get on the bus then stop at the gym. How things have changed.
I have to remind myself that the world is still full of good people, even now, both on the left and on the right. Black, white & yellow, my wife of 52 years is red. It’s just the punks, crooked ministers & politicians, there not just on the left but a heck of a lot them are on the right. Saying how righteous they are and how they really do care about you, the little man. It is the old line we hear from the podium and pulpit “Do as I say, not as I do”. Mouths full of BS, hands full of gold and hearts full of hate.
Jim

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

I am still here

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

I knew that! :lol: :lol: :lol: Looking for more "exotic" responses. :shock: Hey, maybe they are mostly gone . . . Sad to consider.

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

Sadly I think you are correct Dick. We saw Tom Peirce at Baltimore so he is still above ground and Charlie Wheeler as well but not posting unfortunately

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Same thing with trapdoors. Don't know if you are familiar with Al Frasca's site, but he retired a few months ago. As the years passed, his software got so antiquated that, while we had the people, dealing with the punctuation issues (couldn't use anything but periods at the end) became unbearable - and, it never could accept pictures. Fortunately, John Spangler (Oldguns.net) came to the rescue and we now have a brand-new TD forum, on the same phpBB "platform" as KCA - BUT - use is WAAY down. Jouster is what it is, but very little TD & Krag theses days.

Thank goodness for our active members - BR & whig come first to mind - but there are plenty of others . . .