Mr. Tom Butts

For poking fun and off topic subjects
RickyG

Mr. Tom Butts

Post by RickyG »

As some are aware, I am in the midst of a restoration project and as such have asked a lot of help and advice. Several on the forum are to be thanked but beyond all is Mr. Butts.

I was a marine and recently, this past March due to line of duty injury, retired from a sworn position as a Peace Officer. I am now a firearms instructor armorer for an agency in Arizona. As such due to my experience have met many really good people.

Mr. Butts would have to be at the very top of that list.

Not knowing me from Adam, He has spent time in text message, in the forum and by voice on the phone, just a half hour ago, for almost an hour, helping walk me through the magazine repair.

Mr. Butts, thank you for your time, patience and willingness to share your knowledge. I hope to be lucky enough to meet you in person one day.
Last edited by RickyG on Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

butlersrangers

Re: Mr. Tom Butts aka butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

'RickyG' - I am glad that you were helped by Mr. Tom Butts, one of the Founders of the KCA.

However, Tom does not go by the 'handle' butlersrangers. That is my screen name.
Attachments
IMG_0043ad.JPG
IMG_0043ad.JPG (358.4 KiB) Viewed 2633 times

FredC

Post by FredC »

Mr. Tom Butts also known as Butlersrangers, Hmmmm? Hmmm!

I have seen photos of Butlersrangers, but I cannot remmeber a photo of Tom. Hmmmm!

Both have been around here for years. Hmmmm?

Both are very helpful. Hmmm!

Tom---Chuck Hmmm. Chuck----Tom Hmmm.

When comparing their first names I cannot make this theory work. OH well.

RickyG

Post by RickyG »

Well dang..... there's two butts to thank and one i made of myself :oops: . Thank you for the clarification!

butlersrangers

Re: Mr. Tom Butts

Post by butlersrangers »

Ned, Tom, and William Butts are among the 'Founding KCA Members'.
Nick Butts is a KCA Administrator.
I have never met any of the Butts family, but would like to. They are fine Gentlemen.
I believe, they all live in the Western Catskills of N.Y.

'butlersrangers' is not a "Butts". He is just a 'butt-head troll' and lives below the Mackinaw Bridge.
(He is a Floundering KCA Member and torMENTOR to all. His saving grace is that he possesses and shoots a few Krags and his Grandkids like him).
Attachments
IMG_2511.JPG
IMG_2511.JPG (269.08 KiB) Viewed 2592 times

MooseNugget

Post by MooseNugget »

I was wondering if maybe it was a case of mistaken identity or not? Anyway, I’m glad KCA folks were kind and willing to help!

RickyG, google Butler’s Rangers to get a bit of history about those individuals who fought during the American Revolution. I believe they were Loyalist who fought on the loosing…umm, British side. :lol: Oh I’m going to get schooled by BR for that comment! :o

Regardless, Chuck looks pretty cool in his reeanctors uniform. 8-)
Last edited by MooseNugget on Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tom Butts
Site Admin

Post by Tom Butts »

Ricky G,

It has been my pleasure to talk with you and to have had the opportunity to help you in your Krag endeavors. I am glad we were able to get things figured
out over the phone and hope that new Krag shoots well for you now.
don't hesitate to contact me with any other questions or just Krag chat.

Best regards,
Tom
Kragly

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

War Criminals or heroic American Loyalists, fighting on the losing side, in America's first civil war?

The 'story' of Butler's Rangers will vary dramatically, depending on the author of the 'history'.

I am a native Detroiter.
Detroit (and Michigan) were part of Quebec (colony), during the American Revolution.
Two Companies of Butler's Rangers operated out of Detroit, late in the war.
They engaged in raids on Kentucky settlements and nasty frontier fighting, alongside native allies.
Following the war, 50 to 60 Rangers settled in Amherstburg (Ontario), on the Canadian side of the Detroit River.

During the celebration of the U.S. Bicentennial, it seemed appropriate to me to 'recreate' something also connected to Detroit's History.

(BTW - Any ancestors of mine, living in North America during that era, were British Subjects in a colony that stayed loyal to the crown. I am glad, Michigan was given to the U.S., through negotiations, in the Peace of Paris - 1783. I don't believe U.S. Forces have ever had a military victory on Michigan soil).

U.S. Officials never showed up to take possession of Detroit, until 1796, 13 years after the war! We know what it feels like, to be 'chopped liver'.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Tom Butts looks just like Elmer Fudd.

(But, then again, so do most KCA Members)!

Knute1

Post by Knute1 »

Just for clarification, many of us have our beloved Stormy Kromer wool hats. But they tie in the front and not on top like Elmer Fudd's hat does. It does give an illusion of being a bunch of Fudds. Maybe so, but we are much more refined when you get to know us.