Mosin Nagant Clips

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Knute1

Mosin Nagant Clips

Post by Knute1 »

I have some Mosin Nagant clips, so I'll have to try this. But I don't have any practical use for this method.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/JCQTIu_rVHI

Culpeper

Re: Mosin Nagant Clips

Post by Culpeper »

Looks like T. T. is on to something. I'll have to dig out one of my clips and give it a go.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

RickyG

Post by RickyG »

I dont have enough ammo to worry about a speed load :D

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I've tried this, but I only have one Mosin 'charger' and have not altered it.
Attempts to fill the Krag magazine, with the 'issue charger', didn't work smoothly.

The 'lips' of Russian chargers will require some bending and adjustment to get them to feed, like the one in the video.

British Lee-Enfield 'chargers' also have some promise, but a lot of tweaking and judicious bending will be needed.

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

I had someone one year touting that he used a mosin stripper and preferred it, claiming it's speed was unparalleled... till he got hung up in the rapid! If you watch, those rounds are quite loose in that mosin clip, something that could spell trouble under fire (reloading in a timed match).

The charger designed by Parashooter is fool proof! I've been using mine for 8 years now, and never had a single issue in a reload... and they go in lickity split too!!! I've actually had more trouble with the reload with my 1903 (including one which happened this year, resulting in a saved round and a miss)! I've even had more trouble with a reload with the K31 than I have with my Krag!!!

Knute1

Post by Knute1 »

I believe using Mosin Nagant clips would be more of a novelty than for practical use. I too see that the cartridges lay too loose for hunting or competition use. But thought it was neat to try just once. There was more than one video by multiple people using this technique, so the idea must have gotten around some.