WW2 ammo can

Ammunition, reloading, shooting, etc
Culpeper

Re: WW2 ammo can

Post by Culpeper »

I had beeñ thinking on this for a few days so I fired the ol' spreadsheet. I came to the conclusion the boxes would have hold twenty-two cartridges to have an even whole number.

Then I found this sticky post over on the CMP forum. My guess was correct with twenty-two in a box.

http://ammo.freetzi.com/yugoslav.htm

So CA is WITH and УНИВЕРЗАЛНИМ is UNIVERSAL
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

I have a lot of that IK brass, good stuff. I have some a fellow gave me some that need to be inside neck reamed. I guess they were full length sized enough times that the brass has been pushed up into the lower part of the neck. If a bullet is loaded that goes all the way through the neck the OD is over sized down near the neck/shoulder junction. Though I read about this in old reloading manuals, it's the only brass I ever encountered that had this donut. It was quite hard to pull down over the expander ball. I have some stubby little Nosler 140gr bullets loaded that don't get down to the donut. After I fire those, the brass will get retired, I'm not going to inside neck ream them.

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Brass flowing into the neck. I'll have to remember that.

So the can actually reads:

484 KOM.
7.62mm METAKA СА УНИВЕРЗ. ЗРНОМ М2
ИK5602
У КАРTОНСKИМ KУTИЈАMА

484 pcs.
7.62 mm BULLETS WITH UNIVERSAL GRAIN M2
IK5602
IN CARDBOARD BOXES

Where bullets is another name for cartridges and universal grain M2 is "all 150 grain bullets/projectiles".

The bottom line of the middle box is БАРУТ НЦЛ-02 МБЛ 5704 or GUNPOWDER NCL-02 MBL 5704
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio