"New" brand

Ammunition, reloading, shooting, etc
butlersrangers

"New" brand

Post by butlersrangers »

I was checking Graf & Son's web site and noticed Graf is selling ammunition from a new custom ammo vendor: "Bannerman"

"Bannerman" has adopted the old Francis Bannerman name.
At this point, there are four ammo offerings: .303 Savage, 6.5 Jap, 7.7 Jap, and 7.35 Carcano. The description indicates this company loads ammo using new PPU cases and bullets.

It would be neat if this company is successful and broadens its line. It could be a boon to non-reloaders.
Maybe, "Bannerman" and Graf's can persuade Prvi (PPU) to make some .30-40 Krag Brass?

It might be worth some letters and phone calls!
Attachments
Bannerman .303 Savage ed.jpeg
Bannerman .303 Savage ed.jpeg (202.2 KiB) Viewed 13205 times

Culpeper

Re: "New" brand

Post by Culpeper »

I was curious about who owned Bannerman. Grafs owned the name until January 2021. Maybe they ordered the runs of the ammo they list. Whatever the real answer by ammo for no other reason than to have it. The calibers/cartridge will be inobtanium soon enoygh again.

https://www.bizapedia.com/trademarks/ba ... 87719.html
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

That's interesting Culpeper, about Graf's use of the Bannerman name.
I have had good service when buying stuff from Graf's.
They sell Prvi components and were able to get a domestic supplier to manufacture .30-40 Brass a few years ago.
(Their domestic supplier may have gone 'belly up')?

It would be awesome if Graf's could persuade the Serbian PPU company (PRVI) to produce .30-40 Brass.

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Jamison/Captech had severe problems and lawsuits. Hand me a beer and I'll tell you and anyone who'll listen what a rotten flub-a-dub businessman he was.

They went into bancruptcy twice and a few years ago every thing was sold off and scattered to the four winds. Good riddence.

I echo your words about Grafs and I am unanimous.

My pipe dream would be for RUAG Ammotec to produce American calibers. I could get my wish since that division was split off to Beretta last year.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

waterman

Post by waterman »

Jamison may have been a rotten businessman, etc., but the company was the only source for .25-20 Single Shot formed or basic brass. Their demise has caused lots of frustration in the Single Shot crowd. It was pretty good brass. Even held up for wildcats like the Maximum Lovell.

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Agreed but a good product does not lessen my horrible experience with that outfit. I liken it to "The sex was great but she was a terrible woman and mother".

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Maybe this has already come up, but I'd think anyone who made .303 British brass could easily tweak their tooling for .30-40, as opposed to a company that had never made anything even close?