Krag Muzzle Cover Fun

U.S. Military Krags
MooseNugget

Re: Krag Muzzle Cover Fun

Post by MooseNugget »

Oh my!
Whig has taken his talents to new heights!
Your hired…can you do the same with my Nerf gun collection?

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

VERY NICE, Whig!!!! I think you've got one more Krag than I do! You definitely have more muzzle covers. I'm guessing you cheated the circle with one of mama's dinner plates?

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Whig - Can we see the left-side of these Krags and some feet in the next shoot?

Whig

Post by Whig »

Dick, These are not all of my Krags. I only laid out the number of Krags that I had muzzle covers for! I'd have to go outside to arrange all of my Krags in one picture like this or take them to a gymnasium floor! I'm not actively acquiring any more unless I see something that I think is a deal for some reason. And muzzle covers are way out of my price range to buy any more. Crazy to pay $200 for one but that's what they've sold for on fleabay recently. I had to get up on a ladder for these pictures. I would need giraffe dimensions to have gotten one with my feet in the picture!

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Whig - You are the 'caretaker' of a lot of very nice stuff!

More fun than Gold!

How about $21 for the lot? That would be about a '20 fold' increase on your investment!
Attachments
Whig stuff.JPG
Whig stuff.JPG (342.92 KiB) Viewed 6178 times
Stokes Kirk-edjpeg.jpg
Stokes Kirk-edjpeg.jpg (83.27 KiB) Viewed 6178 times

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Whig wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:12 am Dick, These are not all of my Krags. I only laid out the number of Krags that I had muzzle covers for! I'd have to go outside to arrange all of my Krags in one picture like this or take them to a gymnasium floor! I'm not actively acquiring any more unless I see something that I think is a deal for some reason. And muzzle covers are way out of my price range to buy any more. Crazy to pay $200 for one but that's what they've sold for on fleabay recently. I had to get up on a ladder for these pictures. I would need giraffe dimensions to have gotten one with my feet in the picture!
Not all? Good grief!! Keep up the good work.

Whig

Post by Whig »

BR - 5 cents from 1910 would actually be $162 today! How about that inflation? Right on target with these little buggers!

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

My best buy on a muzzle-cover was in a package deal, around 1990, when I got a Krag 3-section cleaning-rod, an oiler, and a brass sight-protector/cover, for 15 bucks. (BTW - $15 was probably about the retail price for a 20 round box of 180 grain Remington .30-40 factory ammo, at that time and for many years after).

Money and prices are quite inflated now. This complicates comparing today's prices with earlier eras.

(Ok, You drive a hard bargain Whig ... sooo ... how's about $42 for the pile of old tarnished muzzle covers)!