Carry Options

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

Carry Options

Post by butlersrangers »

Carry Options in Michigan - Legal gun owners are allowed 'Open Carry'.

To carry 'Concealed' requires a permit to carry a concealed weapon (CCW).

The State provides a visual explanation:
Attachments
carry options.jpg
carry options.jpg (75.38 KiB) Viewed 10363 times

psteinmayer

Re: Carry Options

Post by psteinmayer »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

FWIW, I conceal carry absolutely everywhere (except the banned places like schools, churches and Government buildings, etc. - law abiding citizen!). Given the current attitude towards guns, I wouldn't "Open Carry" if my life depended on it!!!

FredC

Post by FredC »

I kidded the fellow at church that put up the sign about concealed firearms. I felt the need to have a weapon when I got home from a meeting late at night and found a snattlerake near where I stepped out of my truck. Carrying a shovel with a sharp edge in the truck is OK. I have killed way more snakes with hand tools including a pocketknifes that firearms.
So far the score with snattlerakes is:
Snakes zero
Me probably over 100

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Dang! .... I guess I'd wear 'snake boots' to Church and have a 12 gauge 'riot' gun and flashlight on my front seat!

I am deaf in one ear and cannot hear and locate snakes by sound.

FredC

Post by FredC »

When stepping out of the house I do open the door slowly and look out before committing to stepping out.
Shot guns and even 45 pistols with snake shot will make you even deafer when fired at the ground close by.
A widow called me after the fire department and sheriffs office declined to help her with a large rattler in her back yard. I went with a shot gun, 45 Bond Snake Slayer, head light and a shovel. The rattler was rather large and up against a wooden fence. Been to that rodeo before with the muzzle blast, so the shovel was the weapon of choice. An 06 will make you deaf for a week.
When using the Snake Slayer in the open I cover my right ear with my left hand while shooting with my right hand.

Hey, Br. The attached photo includes my old ranch truck. I sold it this summer to a fellow that was going to scrap it for parts. It was broken with several things wrong and had not been driven in 8 years. Evidently, he got new plates on it in my name and got a parking ticket. The City of San Antonio just sent me a notice of a $500.00 fine. You happen to remember where the photo of the old license plate is. I tried to look up the number in search and could not find it. the number was 1EZ-999. Might help me not to get arrested the next time I drive in San Antonio.

I found it by searching for license plate. Just needed the right search term. http://www.kragcollectorsassociation.co ... 160#p38160
snakeRS.jpg
snakeRS.jpg (192.27 KiB) Viewed 10327 times
Last edited by FredC on Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

This truck, Fred? I 'bumped' an old thread, titled - "Chicken or Wise", that I think shows your truck and plate.
Attachments
1EZ#RS.jpg
1EZ#RS.jpg (537.73 KiB) Viewed 10319 times

FredC

Post by FredC »

On open carry, I forgot that carrying Channel Lock pliers in your back pocket would be qualified.

http://kragcollectorsassociation.com/vi ... 876#p42876

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

butlersrangers wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:58 pm Dang! .... I guess I'd wear 'snake boots' to Church and have a 12 gauge 'riot' gun and flashlight on my front seat!

I am deaf in one ear and cannot hear and locate snakes by sound.
Fortunately, in Michigan... Massasauga Rattlers are elusive and rarely encountered, and when you do see them, they are rarely aggressive, opting to flee rather than strike. Garter snakes are pretty abundant, but are about as dangerous as an infant waving a rattle!