butlersrangers

Re: "Chicken" or Wise?

Post by butlersrangers »

Bump thread for Fred

FredC

Post by FredC »

Well,
I sent the state a form stating I sold the vehicle to an unknown buyer for $700 cash in June along with a copy of the deposit in QuickBooks Ranch Account of the deposit of cash with the note it was for White Ford Truck. Also sent photos and a post from this thread that the vehicle in my opinion was worth only parts for salvage.
Funny that post from a KCA forum might be used in a court hearing.
In about a month I will find out if the DMV will take my name off the title and put unknown buyer instead.

I had the number of the temporary paper plate in the truck window checked by the DMV and it is counterfeit. If the 5 15 registration decal in the window has been replaced it is also counterfeit. The actual traffic citation shows photos of this truck and the trailer that was attached. The trailer had a plate that was legal but they could not tell me the name that belonged to that trailer. It did not correspond to the address where the truck was illegally parked.

It has been suggested that I steal the truck back. Local high patrol said that if I did it would be a civil matter and not criminal since my name is on the title. I will look to see if I can find a spare key. I already have volunteers to cover me with a night vision rifle while I steal the vehicle back. Wow, I have good friends!

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Fred - I repeat what I said, earlier in this thread, "Burn those Demon Plates" !!!
Attachments
demon plate.jpg
demon plate.jpg (48.18 KiB) Viewed 10512 times

FredC

Post by FredC »

Unknown buyer took them with the truck. I was supposed to keep them when I made the sale. They were already weather worn and needing replacement, so I thought nothing of leaving them on the truck. Used license plates do make pretty good dust pans. I have a couple of them around here already tasked with that.
Buyer was no good for nothing using counterfeit dealer's paper tags and decals. I should have gotten his name and address and did the title notification of sale online. Even if he had given me bad info I would have been in the clear. Maybe I should have filled in the name on the form with Joe Blow from Anywhere Texas instead of "unknown". Too late now.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Too soon old .... Too late smart!

It's a treacherous world out there, Fred!
Attachments
sheep warning.jpg
sheep warning.jpg (271.59 KiB) Viewed 10499 times

FredC

Post by FredC »

Just to be clear I would not ask my friends to cover me and have to kill someone. Good to know I have some friends that would offer though.