Mallory check on aisle Krag

U.S. Military Krags
Culpeper

Mallory check on aisle Krag

Post by Culpeper »

I'm in Ohio away from my copy. Need one of you guys to check all numbers listed from 322700 to 322825.

Please.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

Whig

Re: Mallory check on aisle Krag

Post by Whig »

Nothing at all in this range in my 4 copies of SRS. Sorry. Where in Ohio? I'm in southeastern, Ohio.

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Lower Wayne County
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

Whig

Post by Whig »

A little drive for us. Near Amish country. Great place to visit. Stay safe!

scottz63

Post by scottz63 »

Is there a list on here somewhere that has members Krags with SRS hits?
14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Whig

Post by Whig »

I don't know of a specific list as such. I have a few documented Krags. Dick Hosmer has been collecting a list of all Krags. His listed Krags may individually have notes added for SRS documentation. Somewhere around 5 % of Krags are documented in one way or another in the SRS records. Few of these are documented as having been in any specific skirmish or war. Teddy Roosevelt's Rough Rider Krag carbines are the most sought after of all of the Krags. Documentation is essential. Many are sold advertising that they have a serial number "in the range" of those important Rough Rider carbines. This means nothing. Hope that helps.

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Whig wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:44 am A little drive for us. Near Amish country. Great place to visit. Stay safe!
Where are you located?

scottz63

Post by scottz63 »

Whig wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:13 pm I don't know of a specific list as such. I have a few documented Krags. Dick Hosmer has been collecting a list of all Krags. His listed Krags may individually have notes added for SRS documentation. Somewhere around 5 % of Krags are documented in one way or another in the SRS records. Few of these are documented as having been in any specific skirmish or war. Teddy Roosevelt's Rough Rider Krag carbines are the most sought after of all of the Krags. Documentation is essential. Many are sold advertising that they have a serial number "in the range" of those important Rough Rider carbines. This means nothing. Hope that helps.
Got it, Thanks!

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Your intrepid reporter of all things Krag has returned from the wild lands to the west. During my travels I came across two Krags. One was 322711 and the other was 173075. There was no hits in Mr. Mallory's book for the first one but the second one landed. The listing shows

173075 98R 042900 Co C 30th USV INF (ISSUED)

It is sporterized. A pistol grip was added and done very well I would say. The hand guard is long gone and a Marbles leaf sight is screwed into the rear sight screw hole. There appeared to be remnants of a Lyman no drill peep sight. Only the block was there. Nothing else. The stock and the barrel were cut back a couple of inches

Dang. I didn't check the price. If you really, really, really need it you can find at the Wheeling Cabelas.
Last edited by Culpeper on Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scottz63

Post by scottz63 »

Pretty cool you found one that has a hit.