Rear sight ID help!

U.S. Military Krags
Norwood

Re: Rear sight ID help!

Post by Norwood »

Whig wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:41 pm Norwood, if you are wanting to put some kind of peep sight on this Krag, I'd be glad to send you a check for the rear sight. I could pay something like $40 plus shipping to me in Ohio if you are interested. I think a weird conglomeration Krag sight like this would be a fun addition to my Krag sight collection as a "Franken-sight"! It would give you some funds to put towards some replacement parts. I have extra stocks and receivers with sporterized barrels myself I want to get rid of sometime, so, I don't need anything else on your Krag. Let me know. I also suggest thinking about just abandoning this project and buying another sporterized Krag that doesn't need as much work unless you like challenging projects! Glad to hear you have other Krags to enjoy. maybe you could post some pictures of those for us to enjoy. Thanks.
Sorry to be so late to respond, lots of family in town. Yeah that sounds good on the rear sight how bout $45 shipped? I’d be good with that. And I still have the stock if someone is interested.

FredC

Post by FredC »

I think I sent you a private message about the stock. If you do not get it in a day or so let me know and I will try again.

Norwood

Post by Norwood »

FredC wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:20 pm I think I sent you a private message about the stock. If you do not get it in a day or so let me know and I will try again.
Fred, I didn’t get a private message from you. I just looked again. I did get one from a member about the sight. I’ll send you one and see if you get it.

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

HOW is it "going back military"?

I don't see any way to do it that wouldn't be REALLY sketchy, and not worth the trouble.

Even if you already had all the parts and got all the work done free, it would be a losing proposition.