Facebook Krags

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Whig

Facebook Krags

Post by Whig »

I'm admitting to, and revealing, my ignorance of the world around me by this post. I don't use the internet much and certainly don't use (or like) Facebook much. Too much else in life going on with my work, family and gardens. Plus spending time with guns, gun smithing, reloading and Krags! I didn't know that there was a Facebook Krag page until yesterday. I have searched through some of the posts and am surprised how active they seem there and many very interesting pictures of Krags and stories about Kragophilia that we don't get here at KCA. Too bad. I only participate in a couple gun blogs and here at KCA where I have learned a ton about my favorite hobby. I appreciate all that others have taught me and I enjoy helping others when I'm able to add something. I wish all of those people on the Facebook page posted their Krag stuff here. We might be more active and build a better and more well known reputation.

I will be spending some time, now, searching back through the Facebook posts and seeing what I have missed all these years. i don't even know how long they've been there! Ten, fifteen years? Oh, well. The internet is a wealth of information if you know where and how to find it. Long Live Krags!
Attachments
Krag pistol.jpeg
Krag pistol.jpeg (49.63 KiB) Viewed 2009 times

RickyG

Re: Facebook Krags

Post by RickyG »

Omg i dont know why but i want that

scottz63

Post by scottz63 »

Crap! Imagine the wrist snap. LOL!
14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Imagine that allen screw pounding down on your knuckle. Eek!

But the good news is I know where you can find a M1896 receiver.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

rustychip1959

Post by rustychip1959 »

You have to give someone an "A" for effort, I'm not to sure I would have the balls to light one off. :o

It's hard to tell but I think the barrel says Smith & Wesson. Maybe off of a Model 586.

I agree with you on the socket head cap screw causing some pain. Should have used a flat head screw.

Whig

Post by Whig »

I got that picture off of the Facebook page I discussed. Someone said it was a Photoshop creation. Probably true! Looks neat, though!

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I've dabbled with the Facebook Krag-group page, a bit, in the last couple of months.

It is attractive because of the volume of activity.

IMO - It is awkward to make posts and threads seem to quickly drift off into odd tangents.
Relevant responses branch off the main tree and get buried.

I gave it a try, I'm pretty much done.

Other forums get checked, not a lot of Krag stuff. Jouster now seems inaccessible.

KCA seems to be the best venue.

waterman

Post by waterman »

If the thing exists (Photoshop creation?), is the creator in violation of the National Firearms Act? A 96 action makes it an antique, but it is still a cut-down rifle.

OTOH, back in the 30s, Krags were rebarreled to less powerful cartridges and the magazine still worked (+/-). My late friend barrelled an 1894, 4-digit SN, to .35 Remington.
Last edited by waterman on Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scottz63

Post by scottz63 »

waterman wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:00 pm If the thing exists (Photoshop creation?), is the creator in violation of the National Firearms Act? A 96 action makes it an antique, but it is still a cut-down rifle.
It's just a modified picture, not an actual build. Not a violation of the NFA.
14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Parashooter

Post by Parashooter »

butlersrangers wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:29 pm. . .Jouster now seems inaccessible. . .
Try http://www.jouster2.com/forums/forumdis ... Krag-Rifle