PIGS!

For poking fun and off topic subjects
FredC

Re: PIGS!

Post by FredC »

Hunting pigs with dogs is very different. Sometimes the dogs drive the pigs by the hunters and shooting them is OK. If the hunters are using catch dogs the pigs have to be killed with knives! Your catch dogs will only hold onto a pig 2 or 3 times if you dispatch the held pig with a loud firearm. The next time he will let go of the pig when you come up on them. You do not want an angry pig loose next to you!

Catch dogs are holding on for their lives and it takes about 5 minutes after the pig has been knifed to convince them to let go. You will hear the hunter yelling DEAD PIG, LET GO" repeatedly for the whole time. It is a very noisy affair without a gunshot. Pig squealing, chase dogs barking and hunters yelling.

Just reread the article about feral cattle and they were chasing park guests. 2500 pound angry bull will be something to avoid. Just like the pigs they are destructive if not managed. Border parklands would suffer just like that Gila River place. Kind of fun to imagine 2 legged coyotes and drug runners chased by a 2500 pound bull though. If you are not familiar with 2 legged coyotes, I will find some links, evil creatures.

Link to a thread with the mention of both kinds of coyotes. http://www.kragcollectorsassociation.co ... 780#p40780

FredC

Post by FredC »

Was outside servicing my Jeep this morning and heard a pig squeal. So I drove out to the county road to make sure they were not on my old place. They were on the south neighbor's place.
A couple of photos attached. I drove up closer and yelled at them, they did run off but not as fast as they do when shot at.

163 was from the property corner. The lights up in the corner are the 3 phase transformers for the oil wells. 164 is from a closer vantage point. 168 is after I yelled at them.

162 is a little Fred humor. I emailed this photo to my neighbor and told him "You really need to keep your horses off my Jeep."
Attachments
EZVZ0162.JPG
EZVZ0162.JPG (23.25 KiB) Viewed 2723 times
EZVZ0168.JPG
EZVZ0168.JPG (16.29 KiB) Viewed 2724 times
EZVZ0164.JPG
EZVZ0164.JPG (18.54 KiB) Viewed 2724 times
EZVZ0163.JPG
EZVZ0163.JPG (15.6 KiB) Viewed 2724 times
Last edited by FredC on Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Fred, is your jeep a Bronco?

RickyG

Post by RickyG »

Ill come whack piggies for someone

FredC

Post by FredC »

butlersrangers wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:49 pm Fred, is your jeep a Bronco?
95 Jeep Cherokee with 271,000 miles on it. It just keeps on ticking. A lot of my friends say they used to have one and regretted selling them, so i will keep this one till it croaks.

That neighbor no longer allows me to hunt that property. In the past we killed a couple hundred pigs there. Several times we killed the very last pig, but they keep coming back. Their well started producing salt water so they cannot longer grow irrigated peanuts. Killing pigs for them has become less important.

Old Soldier

Post by Old Soldier »

I'd just mine the field.
" Should it come to war... we shall place our trust in God and our Long Rifles" Continental Congress

FredC

Post by FredC »

The animals around here will not stay off my Jeep.
BuckOnJeepRS.jpg
BuckOnJeepRS.jpg (932.95 KiB) Viewed 1138 times

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

I know exactly what torment you go through. I had a eighty tiny rein deer on my roof this past Christmas eve.

I have to replace a bunch of slate shingles in the Spring.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio