Factory loaded ammunition

Ammunition, reloading, shooting, etc
scottz63

Re: Factory loaded ammunition

Post by scottz63 »

psteinmayer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:33 pmI can remember back in grade school making "Matchstick Rockets." We would fashion a paper clip to hold a match upright, Then, wrap a match head in foil (usually from chewing gum) and using a pin, create a nozzle at the bottom. Then, when lit, they would shoot up into the air to the delight of the teacher who rewarded us with a trip to the principle for a rousing rendition of the "I'm going to call your mother" blues! We also used "Strike Anywhere" matches in makeshift smoke/stink bombs that we made with out of a retractible ball-point pen and a bobby pin!

Ahhhhh... those wonderful school day memories!!!
If a kid did that now, their parents would go to prison! LOL!
14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

waterman

Post by waterman »

I certainly led a sheltered life in an Illinois farm town in the 1950s. I don't remember ever seeing anything like that.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Why Michigan women get prematurely gray ... that Paul Steinmayer, must have been a "wild child", like his Dad is!

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

psteinmayer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:33 pm

I can remember back in grade school making "Matchstick Rockets." We would fashion a paper clip to hold a match upright, Then, wrap a match head in foil (usually from chewing gum) and using a pin, create a nozzle at the bottom. Then, when lit, they would shoot up into the air to the delight of the teacher who rewarded us with a trip to the principle for a rousing rendition of the "I'm going to call your mother" blues! We also used "Strike Anywhere" matches in makeshift smoke/stink bombs that we made with out of a retractible ball-point pen and a bobby pin!

Ahhhhh... those wonderful school day memories!!!
Ah yes, Stink bombs and match rockets. My buddies and I caught a lot of hell in fifth and sixth grade for those things. WORTH IT!

I guess I'll have to stir up some trouble at the home. Yer never too old to have fun like that. I can do without the evening oatmeal gruel for a week. Two weeks, though, is when things get hinky. That when the DTs kick in.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

butlersrangers wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:04 pm Why Michigan women get prematurely gray ... that Paul Steinmayer, must have been a "wild child", like his Dad is!
You have NO idea Chuck... more than you could fathom! LOL Dad's hair was grey by his 40s... and that was no accident!

raven9957

Post by raven9957 »

larrys wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:20 pm I was in a rather large gun store (for here in CT) yesterday and I spied Remington 30-40 Krag ammunition with 180gr round nose CoreLokt bullets on the shelf. Ten boxes. I stop by there once a month or so and hadn't seen it before. $57.99/box. :roll: New ammo run, looks like.
Larry
I came here to ask if $60 a box is what I should be expecting to pay. Looks like I've got my answer. :oops:

Mike4MSU

Post by Mike4MSU »

http://www.sgammo.com/product/30-40-kra ... ammo-81202

$2.50/rd and free shipping if you buy a case (200)