Gun Shows and events

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Ned Butts
Site Admin

Re: Gun Shows and events

Post by Ned Butts »

We will try to hit the concession stand around noon. We will be clad in maroon shirts and tan caps with green brims. Hope to meet up.

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

Twelve 20 ish and no sign of others. Saw Ken earlier in side heading back to the show. BTW line for lunch is longer than the line to get in this morning

Whig

Post by Whig »

Used to go to these shows with my dad when I was a kid. Haven't been for decades.

Any good Krags or Krag parts seen yet?

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

Quite a few Krags. A few ‘92 s numerous ‘98 rifles a couple ‘98 carbines (probably legit) some ‘96 and ‘99 carbines a couple sporters “constabulary” carbines. More than in the past few years. Parts and sights too

Whig

Post by Whig »

Are prices good enough for you to buy anything or is everything high like most gun shows?

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

Prices are generally high there were a couple that were in the buyable range if I was looking but some were in the stupid walk away laughing range

Whig

Post by Whig »

I've used that laugh myself at many gun shows. That's why I rarely go anymore. Have a nice Sunday!

kenm

Post by kenm »

Hey, it was great meeting you guys in person.
The lunch line was brutal and some of the prices were definitely in the LOL range.

The best parts of the show for me include the people you meet, I met and spoke with Don Hartman and his wife, they wrote a great book on Krag Bayonets (and were selling their books at a huge discount).

There was also a beautiful Krag rifle on an educational table and I got to meet Tom Pearce his card says "Student and Collector" but he's no newbie (smile).

Phil from the NRA Museum brought a "Guns of Clint Eastwood" display.
The show seems to have Colts everywhere and a great educational display too.
Nick Reedy had the largest display of almost every Merwin Hulbert pistol made.
Simeon North and Hall guns were on display and for sale (for a small bank worth of cash).

There were many other rare guns, swords, etc. on display, and I saw some serious bargains (besides books).

I couldn't resist a small Merwin Hulbert pistol, a fascinating gun I've been wanting.
(I almost bought one a few years back, of course, the price has gone up but I did get a good deal)

Next Year the show will be on 3/22/2025 & 3/23/2025 and they are opening it up to C&R Guns so stay tuned.

Regards,
Ken