Black Powder Questions

Ammunition, reloading, shooting, etc
psteinmayer

Re: Black Powder Questions

Post by psteinmayer »

Well, I sort of "Half knew that!" I knew it came from flintlocks, but I didn't know it referred to a mis-fire where the main charge failed to fire. And no... you didn't bore me!!!

Culpeper, on the other hand.......

Heehee, Love ya Paul!

By the way Paul, you need to start planning so you can be back stateside for the Roosevelt Match next summer! Just sayin!!!

HeyJoe

Post by HeyJoe »

Priming quills for the 6 pdr uses 4f a bit fasterImage

reincarnated

Post by reincarnated »

I took my Charleville to a Boy Scout campout, explained things like "lock, stock & barrel" and "flash in the pan". Then I let them load it & shoot it, with very close, one on one supervision.

We shot it at a Redcoat painted on a refrigerator carton. The first shot hit the Redcoat in the groin.

Two of the parents called me a terrorist, took their kids out of Boy Scouts.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Maybe they were Loyalists? You insufferable brigand!

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

I took my Charleville to a Boy Scout campout, explained things like "lock, stock & barrel" and "flash in the pan". Then I let them load it & shoot it, with very close, one on one supervision.

We shot it at a Redcoat painted on a refrigerator carton. The first shot hit the Redcoat in the groin.

Two of the parents called me a terrorist, took their kids out of Boy Scouts.

It's saddening that some people are so shallow minded that they don't see the benefits of education... and associate a centuries old musket and revolutionary war references with modern AR style weapons and terroristic tactics. I guess anyone with a single shot flintlock can go on a shooting rampage and kill more than one every ten minutes!

It boggles my mind!!!

reincarnated

Post by reincarnated »

It will be less boggling if I say that I live in California.